I SHIT YOU NOT b/w HELL MOTHERF**KING YEAH!!!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
[color:red]Side A: I SHIT YOU NOT[/b][/color] I'm pretty damn sure I saw a half dog/half cat tonight. About 10 minutes ago, I was driving home with some breakfast Jacks and hashbrowns from Jack In The Crack. As I neared my home, I noticed what appeared to be a cat running across the street in front of my whipper whip. It was doing that mad dash that cats do, leaping across the median to the northbound lane. As I got closer, I noticed the thing had big ol' ears that stood up. "What the fuck?!" I thought to myself. I pondered the idea that maybe it was rabbit (I live in the desert), but there's no way in hell a rabbit would run like that. I busted a quick Chicano u-turn and tried to get a closer look. Dudes, this thing looked like a cat with a Yorkshire Terrier's head. Long, slender body with a crazy-lookin' tail that can only be described as a half-dog/half-cat tail. This weird li'l motherfucker knew I was onto him, too. Soon as it realized I was creepin' up on him, this fool twists his big ol' dog head around and JUMPS UP THE MOTHERFUCKING WALL TO SHOW ME HIS CAT-LIKE STEALTH. I swear to God this dude moved his head like he was trying to hide it from me. You know when they show footage of Bigfoot and as soon as he knows he's being watched he tries to turn and hide his face like "Oh shit! They saw me! I think. Shit, I better run. I gotta look casual, then maybe they'll think I'm just a regular ol' hairy man jogging. Please...PLEASE think I'm just a hairy man jogging."? Well, it was kinda like that.Is this shit possible or am I losing my mind?***************************************************************************[color:red]Side B: HELL MOTHERF**KING YEAH!!![/b][/color] CHAMPIONby Andrew Mullen(2005-04-13) 2005, Un-rated, 88 Minutes, The Film Emporium When producing a documentary about an individual, there are basically two approaches to take. You can either let your subject tell his own story, or you can let everyone else talk about him. Joseph Eckardt's documentary, "Champion," wisely sticks to the first tactic, only allowing others to contribute when it fits the narrative. The end result is a surprising look into the life and mind of Danny Trejo. Trejo, born in 1944, has appeared in over 80 films since 1985. Before that, he was a drug counselor for almost 20 years. Before THAT, he was a drug addict and armed robber doing time in San Quentin. After being sent to solitary confinement for his supposed role in causing a riot, he reached a turning point. As he puts it, "I said, 'God, if you're there, I'm gonna be all right. If you're not, I'm screwed.'" Determined to remain clean and make his parole, he took a job as a drug counselor. One fateful night, one of his clients called him, desperate for help, begging Trejo to come down to his job. Trejo obliged; the client was a PA on the set of "Runaway Train." The director saw him and gave him a job teaching boxing to Eric Roberts. The rest, as they say, is history. Trejo has a very down-to-earth way of speaking, full of energy and passion. He is well aware of his history and takes full responsibility, a refreshing change from today's prevalence of victims and those crying, "It wasn't my fault." As he tells his story, edited together from many different interviews, including one in which he re-visits his old cell at San Quentin, he owns every piece of his past, good and bad. Yet, despite a youth filled with crime and drugs, he remains ultimately positive and humble about his present situation. He remains committed to counseling drug addicts, speaking at prisons and halfway houses, trying to use his own history as an example to others. Acting even comes second to these efforts. In fact, he views his acting as a great "hook" to get him into the lives of people who need his help. The best aspect of this film is watching Trejo speak, walk, and visit his old haunts with over 30 years of perspective behind him. There is no voice-over narration or intrusion by the filmmakers into the narrative. The film isn't just about him, it IS him. When other Hollywood notables appear, it is only to enhance the story. Their presence is kept to an absolute minimum, providing enough color to richen without overwhelming. "Champion" is a fascinating, inspiring, and funny look into the life of someone as unlike a "typical" Hollywood celebrity as you can get. He doesn't see his life's purpose in acting; he sees it in helping others. "Every good thing in my life came as a direct result of helping other people," he says. And he shows no signs of stopping, either, which can only mean more good things in store for Danny Trejo.

Comments

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Fox?

- J

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Fox?

- J

I doubt it. There's plenty of coyotes in this area, but no foxes. Plus this was small and had sleek grey cat-like fur and a square Yorkshire-like head.

I'ma have nightmares about this thing.

Herm

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Fox?

- J

I doubt it. There's plenty of coyotes in this area, but no foxes. Plus this was small and had sleek grey cat-like fur and a square Yorkshire-like head.

I'ma have nightmares about this thing.

Herm

Bring your camera the next time you're in the area. Mutated halfcoyotefoxhalfdingo?

- J

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

more like

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Apparently after the Boxer Uprising in China, some British prospectors encountered an old healer who lived alone in the outskirts of what was then known as Peking. Appart from the many curiosities and methods this healer had, the prospectors also reported that he lived with about 50 of the most unusual cats. They were all albino white and had a genetic disease that made them all blind. In order to compensate for this, they had developed extraodinarly large ears and a longer tail for balancing purposes. I remeber seeing a picture of this man with his cats in a book about China and the Boxer Uprising, but couldn't find anything after doing a google image search. Regardless, maybe this is the animal you encountered, its what I thought of after reading your description.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    You saw a mtn. lion dude! It was down in your hood? That thing must have come doen into town either from the Tucson Mtns. or maybe as far as the Santa Ritas. It's real dry out there now so they will be venturing further and further for food/water. I'm sure you've seen many coyote in town (the ones that walk on 4 legs ). I've seen coyotes on the Uof A campus and right by my crip crossing B-way into the park.

Did it look like this:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    It could have been one of these.....

or maybe a bob cat since you seem to be describing something smaller w/ a weird tail:

But dude, Karl, this thing was grey!!! 'Twas NOT a mountain lion. I KNOW mountain lions. I'm telling you, this was a cog. Or a dat.

This

plus

this

Freaky shit, I know.

Herm

As freaky and weird as Side A of my post is, plaese to comment on the previously unreleased B-Side entitled "Champion: A Documentary Of Danny Trejo."

Herm

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

LMAO!!!

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Chupacabra???

But dude, Karl, this thing was grey!!!
    It wasn't just a really dirty bob-cat like the last pic I posted? Maybe it's some sort of domesticated critter that escaped? And I'm excited about that Danny Trejo thing! That dude is the man, It's a pretty good seal of approval if he is in your movie.

Chupacabra???
    DAMN, why didn't I think of that. We should go stalk that beast Herm, lay out traps w/ fresh meat an shit, maybe tie up some goats in your yard and set up a camcorder. It could catapult us into the Natinal Enquire headlines!!!!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    could have been a serval...some people keep those as pets and I'm pretty sure they breed them different colors. did it look like this?

ok and as for that movie...WHERE THE FUCK CAN I SEE THAT SHIT?!?!?!?!

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    could have been a serval...some people keep those as pets and I'm pretty sure they breed them different colors. did it look like this?

ok and as for that movie...WHERE THE FUCK CAN I SEE THAT SHIT?!?!?!?!

They're wierd looking animals. Looks like someone glued a housecat's head onto a leopard...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    You guys are tripping me out. Were you on acid or mushrooms last night Herm?

• Dude I think you saw a liger.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Chupacabra???
    DAMN, why didn't I think of that. We should go stalk that beast Herm, lay out traps w/ fresh meat an shit, maybe tie up some goats in your yard and set up a camcorder. It could catapult us into the Natinal Enquire headlines!!!!

I'll be there in 3 hours.