What exactly is .MAC

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Like what is the thing with .mac[/b] and shit? You get an email address? You get webspace?You know, what I really want to do is like SYNC my desktop and laptop. Have both mail programs be the same, both calendars... does .mac do THAT? If so, then maybe we're talking.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Like what is the thing with .mac[/b] and shit? You get an email address? You get webspace?

You know, what I really want to do is like SYNC my desktop and laptop. Have both mail programs be the same, both calendars... does .mac do THAT? If so, then maybe we're talking.

I say don't bother.

Ain't it like 100 bucks or some shit.

Gmail kills it. Just get that. Gmail can't be beat (For the price... FREE).

Just read... PS- Check out the "Synchronicity" section!

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/08/23/macs-slow-death/

Plus, now gmail has an mp3 player in it. So, if anyone emails you an mp3, you can either dl it or just listen to it in gmail. Gmail has a built in IM feature also.

And I think u'll be able to make calls like skype in gmail soon. Heard you do that in gtalk now.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yeah .mac does that, syncs your mailboxes, calendars and most importantly for me, bookmarks.

is it worth the money? ehhhhhh, but I get it from work.

you can sync your calendar/bookmarks/mail through migration assistant by hooking up your g5 tower to the ibook w/ a firewire cable. That's probably a much cheaper alternative.

not as fancy as automated, but hey you save a lot of money.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Yeah, does all that, also gives you server space to store gear and webspace.

Trial it.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I wonder if is behind .MACK ?