Atlanta Hot Spots?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody can recommend some dope spots in the ATL?Clothing/kickGrubClubsEtc... Both times I was in the ATL I arrived the in the afternoon, went directly to soundcheck, went to the hotel, ate, went back to the spot and performed, went to the hotel and slept, woke up the next morning and promptly left. So I really don't know shit. But my good dude is traveling there tomorrow and I want to let him know what's good.Also, that scenario/schedule I just posted uptop is pretty much how it goes. All the myths of what I do being glamorous... toss it. It's more like exactly how I just described it, I've been in so many cities and I can't even begin to tell you anything about so many of them. It's depessing.Anyway, yeah THANKS IN ADVANCE for help.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I've been in so many cities and I can't even begin to tell you anything about so many of them. It's depessing.

poor cosmo. lol. tell him to go to underground atlanta.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    No go to Atlanta Station off of 14th down around midtown. The new happening spot in the "A".

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    No go to Atlanta Station off of 14th down around midtown. The new happening spot in the "A".

I will default to your opinion sir, since i have not lived there in a few years.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Isn't there a new sneaker boutique somewhere in the perimeter area?

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Underground? Atlantic Station? Easily two of the most mainstream consumer traps in the city! OK, Atlantic station is hosting the beer festival tomorrow, so I can't complain too much but come on! Atlanta really has lost it's soul.

Anyway, I'll be DJing a poorly attended funk & soul night tomorrow at Octane at 1099-B Marietta St (at Howell Mill Rd) with my friend Terry. The music and beer selection is great, but I guess people are too busy at meat markets like Compound and MJQ to care about good music here. Or they're trying to impress each other at 12 at Atlantic Station with their high levels of credit card debt. It's better to look good than to pay your bills on time!

I can give you all kinds of great food suggestions. What does your friend like?

Anyway, I'll be DJing a poorly attended funk & soul night tomorrow at Octane at 1099-B Marietta St (at Howell Mill Rd) with my friend Terry. The music and beer selection is great, but I guess people are too busy at meat markets like Compound and MJQ to care about good music here.
    I need to get out there for this.

How was the B'ham show?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Atlanta really has lost it's soul.

I feel this way a little bit more every time I go back. Breaks my heart.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Birmingham record show was alright - not as good as years past though. However...the Birmingham Sound CD release party was unfuckwitable. Ralph "Soul" Jackson was on fire - even better than in Chicago! And of course, Roscoe was great as well. Roscoe's band was (arguably) better than his band in Chicago, or at least not quite as slick. And we got plenty of people dancing after the bands as well, which we were warned might be a challenge. We were told that people in B'ham don't dance, but learned otherwise!

Gotta get a new car.