MP3 request - Paul Weller - The Bottle

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Can someone please post up Paul Weller's version of The Bottle. I think it is off a semi-recent CD of his. Thanks.

Comments

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Ok don't want to be a bitter old man here but have you heard this? It's almost as bad as Rod Stewarts "this old heart of mine" Pauls version of "if i could only be sure" ain't so peachy either...

IMO of course..

/L

• Yeah, I have to agree here. On the other hand, his version of "Wishing on A Star" is nice. Btw, the CD you're thinking of is called Studio 150.

Yeah, I have to agree here. On the other hand, his version of "Wishing on A Star" is nice. Btw, the CD you're thinking of is called Studio 150.

Cosign, also of course "promised land" but thats a whole other story

/L

• Dear God, I had forgotten how bad it really was. Gruesome.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Yeah, I have to agree here. On the other hand, his version of "Wishing on A Star" is nice. Btw, the CD you're thinking of is called Studio 150.

/L

Ha ha that Style Council version of Promised Land isn't so bad, prefer Joe Smooth's though.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Can someone please post up Paul Weller's version of The Bottle. I think it is off a semi-recent CD of his. Thanks.

Don't get your hopes up when you finally hear it....

/L

Ha ha that Style Council version of Promised Land isn't so bad, prefer Joe Smooth's though.

No, that's what i meant i really like it, also really good taste of paul to do a cover of it before it took off as a hit, the man have taste but he's old now...

/L

• this is just plain awful. is this what you guys mean by tacky funk?

by the way does anybody have the chord changes to the bottle?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I am downloading this now, I haven't actually heard it & was just curious as to what it would sound like after someone I know mentioned they heard it on one of those in-flight radio programs & said it was pretty cool. Thanks for upping it, I'm really curious now after all the hatting.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Not all bad, but let's just say it won't be getting many repeats on itunes. It does sound like the sort of thing that the person who mentioned it to me would be into.