Whats the Non-white Opinon of syrup

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm a big syrup fan- I???ve loved most of its variations and I'm white-ish.Aunt Jemimah is getting a critical thrashing for the most part - but these seem to be the same critics that seem to be bowing at the alter of anything "powdered sugar" related. I like Eggo and Vermont's Finest and all - but they've got a long way to go to get near the Jemimah catalog. I have to admit, I haven't really dug anything that I???ve tasted as of late. But I think that these newer plastic no drip tops are ambitious and that's commendable. What does the hood think of them? Is anyone pourin' this? Is this gonna sell? I want to hear the non-white, over educated, non trend-hopping opinion.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    coconut syrup gets mad love in my hood

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    white or non-white there is only ONE true syrup

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I'm a big syrup fan- I???ve loved most of its variations and I'm white-ish.

Aunt Jemimah is getting a critical thrashing for the most part - but these seem to be the same critics that seem to be bowing at the alter of anything "powdered sugar" related. I like Eggo and Vermont's Finest and all - but they've got a long way to go to get near the Jemimah catalog.

I have to admit, I haven't really dug anything that I???ve tasted as of late. But I think that these newer plastic no drip tops are ambitious and that's commendable.

What does the hood think of them? Is anyone pourin' this? Is this gonna sell? I want to hear the non-white, over educated, non trend-hopping opinion.

ouch

• there's a taco truck on 5th & western parked right in front of the entrance to the new california korean market. they make korean pancakes infused with syrup. really fucking good. its like having a bun off a mcgriddle, but better.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Syrup is on its way to becoming like wine. Canada is the leader w/ this movement to bring syrup into the gourmet game. Honey has already taken it there. I keep a bottle of boysenberry syrup in the crib, but its a supermarket-type brand.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    there's a taco truck on 5th & western parked right in front of the entrance to the new california korean market. they make korean pancakes infused with syrup. really fucking good. its like having a bun off a mcgriddle, but better.

Oh damn!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Syrup is on its way to becoming like wine. Canada is the leader w/ this movement to bring syrup into the gourmet game. Honey has already taken it there. I keep a bottle of boysenberry syrup in the crib, but its a supermarket-type brand.

I feel you

honey thym cream sauce pork vs maple galze garam masala pork

however have a high quality maple/cream sauce dessert at a high class restaurant and you will see how maple can enter the gourmet arena

furthermore there is a quebec artisanal liqueur that is best described as maple baileys...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Forever love the iHOP, NOT ONLY do they give you syrup, but they give you flavors.

Connoiseurs of maple sap never had it so damn good.