TO HELL WITH BOSCOE - HERSHEY'S IS BETTER

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Not that I've ever TASTED Bosco choklit syrup, mind you, but in the 70's Dynamite magazine did a kid's taste test on which was the best chocolate drink. I forget who won, but Bosco Milk Amplifier (as they used to call it back in the time) came in dead last. And this one neurotic Hyde Parker I used to know seconded that emotion. So that gave Mr. Pickwick all the incentive to stay away.But you know what my shit was? PDQ! Yeah, it was an Ovaltine subsidiary! Ya see, PDQ wasn't syrup so much as it was little flakes you'd stir in your milk to make a chocolate drink. It also doubled as something you'd sprinkle in your ice cream. They also had strawberry and egg nog flavors. But then sometime around '94 or so, they stopped making it so I've switched over to Hershey's. Might even buy the store brand in a pinch, but then again I'm a brand loyalist as far as this kind of thang goes - I wants mah Hershey's.This may not be the greatest chocolate drink in the world, but the way the spell out the name in red & blue letters is boss, and it's good to see they're still doing it after all these years.[/b]

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Dr. Joel's thread just reminded me - George Costanza (Jason Alexander's character on Seinfeld) loved Bosco so much he even made that his ATM pin number that he refused to give up to his preppy-looking wife! So you know it cain't taste too good.

• this thread reminded me of how i laughed my ass off when lisa lampanelli called gay ppl "hershey highway patrol men", we europeans arent that blessed with outstanding blue comedy so excuse me crackin up over this back then, personal all-time classic.