what's with extreme makeover houses tv shows?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
is it me or are there more and more of these shows on tv everyday? is it part of a conspiracy to have people at home thinking about wall colors? what?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    These shows are why I don't have a TV. Un-watchable.

I wonder what types of problems occur down the road when your house was built in 6-7 days? They must take plenty of short-cuts to finish in such a small time frame.

This guy is the worst human out right now...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Yeah, thanks for handing him the mega-phone.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    is it me or are there more and more of these shows on tv everyday? is it part of a conspiracy to have people at home thinking about wall colors? what?

They're cheap to make and people watch them. There simply isn't enough talent in Hollywood to fill 500 million channels on television.

• i dont mind them actually. i mean, at least theyre kinda helping folks.

there's one really shitty one on daytime tv where all they do is some discount shit on one room in your house. so every other corner of the house still looks like shit and the living room has $3000 worth of ikea shit in it. i like that show. its sad and funny.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I watched one teh other day where the respective mothers-in-law of a young couple re-decorate their bedroom. I think it was a UK show, you know, they all sound like they have a big potato in their mouths when they were talking. The bedroom turn out a horrible thing.