Justin Timberlake - My Love (feat T.I.)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
In case you weren't following this song, there was a promo of it with some Atlantic drop every five seconds or so. This shit right here is probably going to be a burner for a while even though it sounds like a trance song.http://rapidshare.de/files/30393644/01-My_Love_ft_T.I.mp3.html

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Thanks for uploading this. The trance synths don't bug me too much, but I can't really get with the "eee-eee-eee" in the choruses.

SG

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Beat is dumb hot. Sounds like some vintage Timbo shit.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the new word is T.I. out, Triple Six in

edit: oh shit this is the real one!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This song is

• parenparen 537 Posts
    thank you, benji, whoever you are.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Whats w/ all that talk about it being the 'first rap trance track' in that thread??? Welcome to rap in the 00s.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well this certainly beats the shit out of his godawful first single. However my expectations about the album remain low while Will.I.Am continutes to be linked to the production on it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Anyone here know of the British techno/electronic outfit Black Dog, who later became Plaid? This shit reminds me of some of their early joints. A big improvement on "SexyWack".

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Daaaam, this schitt iz
    I always want to hate on Timberfake, but I gotta admit he's got some hot schitt in his catalogue- usually due to crazy beats by Tim or the Neps, but I ain't mad at his little lightweight falsetto either for real.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hhahahahaha. you know how rapidshare makes you type in the 3 letter code??? for this track it was "H8R"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    hhahahahaha. you know how rapidshare makes you type in the 3 letter code??? for this track it was "H8R"

THATS AWESOME!

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Anyone here know of the British techno/electronic outfit Black Dog, who later became Plaid? This shit reminds me of some of their early joints. A big improvement on "SexyWack".

Hell, yeah. Back in 1991-92, Black Dog were OG IDM. Serious chin-stroking shit. I don't hear much "Actor and the Audience" here though. But I might be wrong. I consigned my copy last year at skimo.com (RIP) for three figures.

• Daaaam, this schitt iz
    I always want to hate on Timberfake, but I gotta admit he's got some hot schitt in his catalogue.

DON'T FRONT ON THE TIMMY.

Based on the hype in this and the other thread, I was expecting something way more far out but this is just a dope single. Cot damn, Timberland is killing it right now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Cot damn, Timberland is always killing it right now.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Daaaam, this schitt iz
    I always want to hate on Timberfake, but I gotta admit he's got some hot schitt in his catalogue.

Based on the hype in this and the other thread, I was expecting something way more far out but this is just a dope single. Cot damn, Timberland is killing it right now.

Oh, just so it's clear... when I say "Timberfake", I'm talking about Timberlake, not Timberland. Timberland's ALWAYS been killin' it in my book. We need a Top 5 Timberland thread... that'd be one of the harder Top 5's to come up with, might have to make it a Top 10 fo real.

• Daaaam, this schitt iz

Oh, just so it's clear... when I say "Timberfake", I'm talking about Timberlake, not Timberland. Timberland's ALWAYS been killin' it in my book. We need a Top 5 Timberland thread... that'd be one of the harder Top 5's to come up with, might have to make it a Top 10 fo real.

I hear you... with "Don't front on the Timmy" I was referring to Timberlake.

I was expressing surprise at Timbaland killing it now because, prior to his current run ("Promiscuous", "Sexy Back", this), dude was quiet for a long minute. It had gotten to the point where I was actively wondering what happened to all the Timbaland bangers.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Top 5 Timberland:

Memphis Bleek "Is That Your Bitch"
    Tweet "Oops! Oh My"
    Timbaland "Can't Nobody"
    Jay-Z "Jigga What Jigga Who" feat. Jaz-O
    Aaliyah "One In A Million"

(This list will change in exactly 3 minutes, except for #5 which will probably always be on my Timbaland top 5.)

• Memphis Bleek "Is That Your Bitch"

REGIONAL BIAS

(ps i concurr)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Here's a five...picking one aaliyah song is murder but since you already got "one in a million"....

1. aaliyah - are you that somebody
    2. the lox feat. eve - ryde or die bitch
    3. ginuwine - pony (+all of 100% ginuwine but i'll go with the big single there)
    4. jay-z - it's hot (some like it hot)
    5. missy feat. juvenile and b.g. - you can't resist

I could easily go for a top 50.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Top 5 Timberland

The Game - Let Me Put You On The Game
    Ludacris - The Potion
    Tweet - Oops
    Missy Elliot - Get Ur Freak On
    Timbaland & Magoo - All Y'all or Up Jumps Da Boogie (can't choose)

(This list will change in exactly 3 minutes

While looking for a list of timbaland productions I stumbled upon this okayplayer post:

I can't stand Timbaland productions.
    Why is everybody respecting Timbaland?
    Why is everybody saying he's a genius?
    How can somebody over 5 yo listen that kind of ???production??? is a complete mystery for me.
    His ???music??? is so boring, cold and sterile.
    It's always the same thing, over and over.
    I can't stand his stupid stuff. It's a real contagion.
    The worst part it's that there is no real bass line on it.
    I think that's why white people like his shit.
    It's really a zero soul music.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Damn, this is hot. Probably the best Timberlake song I've heard, that beat is indeed.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    lately i've been playing a lot of timbo joints early on in my sets, around the 90 bpm range, or just using the beats and throwing some other acca on top:

clipse - re-up anthem
    timbo - indian flute
    lloyd banks - my house
    game - put you up on game

can't think of any others right now...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

1. Jay-Z--"Hola Hovito"
    2. Timbaland & Magoo--"Luv 2 Luv Ya"
    3. Ludacris--"The Potion"
    4. The Lox--"Ryde or Die Chick"
    5. LL Cool J--"Headsprung"

(This list will change in exactly 3 minutes, except for #1 which will probably always be on my Timbaland top 5.)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    What would be in your Timbo BOTTOM FIVE

Inspired by "Headsprung" which I always thought was pretty lackluster.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would acually put Indian Flute in my bottom 5. Maybe because I got it on the same piece of vinyl as "Naughty Eye" which I always though was like SUPER BANGING and slept on...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This shit had me rolling last night.

TIMBALAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Classic Material.

He should of took that Luda beat also.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

thats fucking amazing.

Plus, the look on Jay's face when the 2 seconds of "Dirt" played... that's that shit.

• Haven't seen that in a minute, what was that video... "fade to black" ?