Cragi Mohair New Arrivles (RRBEETCH)

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Discuss!!!Sort by: Artist A-Z | Title A-Z | Price | Date Added | LP | 45 | 12" STARCROST: starcrost $800.00 notes: Austin TX c. '76, top shape! grade: M- in stock label: FABLE 301 Item #: 211391 format: LP add to cart More Rock & Pop titles CUMULO NIMBUS: Forty Seven Times Its Own Weight $650.00 notes: Tracks: Weedchopper, March of the Goober Woobers, 47 Tears, Jig, Halyards, Cumulo Nimbus grade: M- in stock label: FABLE 101 Item #: 312659 format: LP add to cart More Soul titles STEAM HEAT: austin funk $625.00 notes: Songs: keep your eyes on your merchadise, love is not such an easy game to play, radiator, body talk, funk 'n' roll, since I met you, ghetto tool, groove awhile, frozen tundra lady. grade: M- in stock label: FABLE 201 Item #: 209972 format: LP add to cart

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• are they out of thier f**ing mind or am i not in touch with how much poop is worth these days?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    are they out of thier f**ing mind or am i not in touch with how much poop is worth these days?

Disconnected from the eBay skreetz

But on the reals, recordkingz and Craig Moerer I think have cornered the market for mighty collectros who keep missing out on grails and then say "fuck it, I gotta have it now" and buy it from them. Their pricing is fairly high.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I think those prices are slightly on the high end, but not outrageous considering it's CM.

That horrible Starcrost has been selling for like 5-700 for a while, no?

• are they out of thier f**ing mind or am i not in touch with much poop these days?

Its craig for crissakes, if he wants $600, its gotta be a $300 record, tops. crazy thing is, just like the "BIG" uk guys, he'll get the money hes askin, like people are gonna brag about who they spent money/got ripped by!

the ultimate ?

• I'm beginning to realize that people who have too much money for their own good often have really bad taste in music and like to maximize the amount of money they spend on it.

• I don't see what the big deal is.

1. These records all suck.

2. They are rare and these prices are not out of control by CM standards.

3. Collectors who will spend $500+ on a record want that shit RELIABLY MINT. I can count on one hand the online dealers who can make that happen. CM is one of them.

Think about it, if you're spending $500 on a record, why not spend an extra hundred or two to make sure you're getting quality as advertised?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I think those prices are slightly on the high end, but not outrageous considering it's CM.

That horrible Starcrost has been selling for like 5-700 for a while, no?

5-700 is pretty average for that & it ain't that bad, hatter. Steamheat on the other hand ...

I will agree that Moerer's pricing is usually on the high end of crazy, although there are exceptions here and there.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I don't see what the big deal is.

1. These records all suck.

2. They are rare and these prices are not out of control by CM standards.

3. Collectors who will spend $500+ on a record want that shit RELIABLY MINT. I can count on one hand the online dealers who can make that happen. CM is one of them.

Think about it, if you're spending $500 on a record, why not spend an extra hundred or two to make sure you're getting quality as advertised?

I agree on all counts, except for 1 but only because i haven't heard these records. But I do buy from CM for the reasons above, but more on the scale of buying a $15 45 for $25 because I know it will actually be NM, and it's satisfying to just buy the shit instead of wait around for it on ebay, but it for $15, get it and find out its warped, send it back, and start all over.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

are they out of thier f**ing mind or am i not in touch with how much poop is worth these days?

$400 for some Misfits Horror Business 45 makes me giggle.

Someone, somewhere, in her dark dragon's lair, dungeons and dragons twenty-sided die close at hand, comic book collection in the basement, a seemingly endless supply of manic panic and black eyeliner, will certainly buy this in the hopes of having it autographed (in blood, of course) by the man himself: Sir He Who Cannot Be Named[/b].

Fetish: When I Go Inside your Little Girl.

NO ONE AT THE VENUE MAY LOOK DANZIG IN THE EYES[/b]

They made the mistake of confusing the sound with the music, and confusing celebrity with significance.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I don't think there's nothing wrong with his prices.
    This is coming from a dude who used to complain about records with expensive price tags (esp. his prices).
    He has a well known rep for having vinyl in top condition and outstanding service.

It is what it is.

• Ok, maybe I should have clarified the point of this thread. And by the way, no need for explaining all of the above points, I almost prefer buying records from reliable dealers, CM being one of them. Any dudes who I have purchased records from on here know i don't balk at prices and understand collectability etc etc stfu etc.

having been on the CM list since the days of paper mailer the point is that prices are going up up up. 1500+ dollars for these three? I have had many a happy purchase from CM over the past DECADE but i cant hang with the realm the NEW ARRIVALS prices are heading into. get it? check the rest of the new arrivals and you'll see what I mean.

Great service (possibly) great records, but with things being cross-listed on Ebay and such are we seing CM inflation? I'll pull out a mailer from a year or two ago and check myself as well. This may just be a knee-jerk reaction.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I get your drift.

by Thes!

• Thes-
    It seems that Moerer takes the highest eBay price for a record and simply adds 15% to that already inflated price. This would explain things like the Treetop & the Soul Branches 45 sitting on his site for five years at $700, and there are many more examples of this type of behavior to be found across his catalog.
    Similarly, if he starts selling something he has quantity of at a reasonable pace, you will shortly see the price go up.

Reliability and honesty do not always equal reason.
    That said, CM is still one of the top record dogs in the US.
    I still have all of the paper catalogs from the late '80s and early '90s!

• DC, i cosign that i just thought these broke the usual equation

exhibit one:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=steam+heat&thumbs=&x=0&y=0

exhibit two:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=cumulo+nimbus&thumbs=&x=0&y=0

Arnold blair at $450 -> used to be $200-$300 sells at that on ebay as well.

i'm just saying that prices seem to be rising a bit outside of demand possibly due to popsike? I have and will continue to purchase from CM and do recomend them to people on the regular. But, just like always, You just got to know what you are doing.

D- holla at me!

• something to get use to...as of aug 22nd fees for ebay stores have been hiked up. some of the final value fees for store items have gone up as much as X5 since before the aug 22nd change. regardless, cm stays makin that money.

• Thes I wasn't really aiming those at you - just sharing from my experience.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    CM always seems to help my auctions, as inevitably, he is the only other person who has the same thing up for sale and I just make the starting bid way lower than his "BIN" price and mine seems like a steal in comparison. He helps to artifically hike up the perceived value sometimes. Thank you CM!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I will say this again for the upteenth time, I like the starcrost. It's a solid album imo and "false paradise" is that chooooon. Is it $500 hot, no, nothing really is $500 hot. I ain't mad at it though.....

but yes, steamed & 47x are mad doo doo. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder dudes.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Thes-
    It seems that Moerer takes the highest eBay price for a record and simply adds 15% to that already inflated price. This would explain things like the Treetop & the Soul Branches 45 sitting on his site for five years at $700, and there are many more examples of this type of behavior to be found across his catalog.
    Similarly, if he starts selling something he has quantity of at a reasonable pace, you will shortly see the price go up.

Reliability and honesty do not always equal reason.

Homeboy is a stickler for getting his price too. He will sit on that Treetop til he dies rather than move it for a discount.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    if people are willing to pay ridiculous prices, who's to blame him for jacking them up?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i bought a full pack 12" from molehair and i was very satisfied with the price and the product.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I will say this again for the upteenth time, I like the starcrost. It's a solid album imo and "false paradise" is that chooooon. Is it $500 hot, no, nothing really is $500 hot. I ain't mad at it though.....

but yes, steamed & 47x are mad doo doo. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder dudes.

• Reliability and honesty do not always equal reason.

co-sign on his reliability, prices have become a little bit strange (or only similar to european or japanese prices) wihtin the last 10 years.

I'm always enjoying going through (his) old lists to see so many sealed or mint records for $25 or $30 like Mulatu of Ehtiopia, Afro-Latin Soul, Blair or Family Circle.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

$400 for some Misfits Horror Business 45 makes me giggle.
    as one who bought the london dungeon 7" on white wax new for $3 back then, it makes me giggle a lot!

damn, he always had freakish chipmunk cheeks! whats he keep in there, spare skulls?

dude made the biggest EVAR nagl when he decided the misfits were shit and "moved on" to the total poop hes been making since '87.

cuz many of the misfits songs were great, and dudes voice was perfect for them. but most of their recordings were terribly recorded and his band was usually shit players. Imagine 'walk among us' recorded properly? could have been such a classic. i still say 'attitude' and 'where eagles dare' (and quite a few others) are great tracks.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I'm always enjoying going through (his) old lists to see so many sealed or mint records for $25 or $30 like Mulatu of Ehtiopia, Afro-Latin Soul, Blair or Family Circle.

Yeah, I used to clean up on stuff like that from Craig back in the 90s. I still have some of those old catalogues too, sometimes I like to pull them out and look at them and just be like
    I missed out on a lot of good stuff for cheap from Moewer back then too, not knowing that a decade later they'd be worth something.

• Why are you guys bagging on Starcrost... That album is great. Maybe I like it because I used to buy it on every trip to Texas and it was not such a big deal. Maybe it is the price that makes you think it sucks. It does not suck, it is awesome. 47X is a ripper too. Craig charges those prices because he gets those prices. That's really all there is to it.

• I'm always enjoying going through (his) old lists to see so many sealed or mint records for $25 or $30 like Mulatu of Ehtiopia, Afro-Latin Soul, Blair or Family Circle.

Yeah, I used to clean up on stuff like that from Craig back in the 90s. I still have some of those old catalogues too, sometimes I like to pull them out and look at them and just be like
    I missed out on a lot of good stuff for cheap from Moewer back then too, not knowing that a decade later they'd be worth something.

Yes, I missed so much great stuff, too - but also bought a lot of records that still cost $15 like 15 years ago
    one other problem with his and other lists was the first come first serve character, so here in Europe we always got the lists one or two days later, so