The Opposite of Engagement and Marriage

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
anyone here feel like they will never find the right person? i've dated tons of girls over the years, all of which have been either headcases or just not long term material. maybe its me, but i look around and see the most unlikely people in these happy long lasting relationships (even to go as far as marriage) and i think i might die before that shit even comes close to happening. its kind of depressing. lets face it too. they say looks arent important, but physcial attraction is defintely a factor in "liking" someone. why cant i be physically attracted to a woman who is a sweet friendly and genuinely cool person, but hasnt got the features i enjoy in the opposite sex, yet i can easily have "relations" with a gorgeous girl who i dread talking to and cant even fathom the thought of spending more than a day with?it all seems to go in circles. is happiness out there? does it take extra long to find it for some people?it just feels like itll never happen. they say it just does kind of fall into your lap. is it like the weekend find? am i not looking in the right places?sorry to get all "blah" on everyone. all the recent posts just got me thinking. babies, engagements, weddings etc.by the way RAJ, congrats on the baby!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i just got married last month and it took me 39 years, 6 months and 25 days to find the right person.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i think it happens when you aren't looking/expecting it. Which is best in my estimation. i do feel you though, trying to analyze what you want and what seems automatic. Mang, hang on in there, don't look too hard.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i think it happens when you aren't looking/expecting it. Which is best in my estimation. i do feel you though, trying to analyze what you want and what seems automatic. Mang, hang on in there, don't look too hard.

yea every time i let something fall into my lap that is too good to be true it is. for instance, i met this girl the other week. beautiful, smart, quiet (or maybe just a little shy, which i like).she lives in Alabama. either that or they have boyfriends.

• it all seems to go in circles. is happiness out there? does it take extra long to find it for some people?

It took my father almost 50 years to find the right woman, but now hes happier than hes ever been. Hang in there.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Yep I can confirm that the cliche is true in this instance, always tends to happen when you least expect it and when it's least convenient.

I was in the middle of sorting out a move to another city when I got together with a girl at my friend's birthday bash. I arranged to meet her to tell her that the time wasn't right and that maybe sometime in the future if she was up for it we could meet up. Ended up spending the afternoon having a great time, resorted my plans to look for work more locally while our relationship developed.

Five and a half years later we're engaged, living together, and happy as larry.

Sorry, I've gone and done the loved up thing in this thread haven't I.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

Yep I can confirm that the cliche is true in this instance, always tends to happen when you least expect it and when it's least convenient.

I was in the middle of sorting out a move to another city when I got together with a girl at my friend's birthday bash. I arranged to meet her to tell her that the time wasn't right and that maybe sometime in the future if she was up for it we could meet up. Ended up spending the afternoon having a great time, resorted my plans to look for work more locally while our relationship developed.

Five and a half years later we're engaged, living together, and happy as larry.

Sorry, I've gone and done the loved up thing in this thread haven't I.

you def made this thread a happy one. sadness only !!!!

just fukin around

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i feel you dude. i just broke up with my girl of 2.5 years about a month ago. i had been engaged a couple of years before that too. but to be honest, im not anywhere near in the market for something like that. i need to get my own life straightened out before i even think about trying to add someone else's issues to mine. i want my business to get going a little stronger, i want to buy a house. get my financials straight. just have all my shit in order before i think about long term with someone. if it happens, it happens i guess, but i aint looking.

i do want to get married someday and have some kiddies. i am the last man in my family, the last hope to carry on our name. my dad told me that about a year ago, and since he passed, i have been thinking about that. i don't feel obliged, but i do feel like i want to carry the torch, you know? it will happen, someday...

• i feel you dude. i just broke up with my girl .... to be honest, im not anywhere near in the market for something like that. i need to get my own life straightened out .... i do want to get married someday and have some kiddies .... i do feel like i want to carry the torch

i'm in this boat too... how old are you?
    i turned 30 this year. with most of my friends already married and having kids, it's hard at times not to feel frantic/urgent about it, although i do feel strongly that i'm not ready for that shit. i realize i'm not over the hill yet, but it's tough. i'm sure i have at least one more solid year of straightening my own life out before it'd be even feasible to take it to that next level...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

is it like the weekend find?
    Nah, it's a

Just like what everyone was saying, don't even waste your time looking for the "perfect" woman.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    anyone here feel like they will never find the right person?

I thought this thread was about Promiscuity and Freedom, as the title suggested...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    anyone here feel like they will never find the right person?

I thought this thread was about Promiscuity and Freedom, as the title suggested...
    zing!!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i feel you dude. i just broke up with my girl .... to be honest, im not anywhere near in the market for something like that. i need to get my own life straightened out .... i do want to get married someday and have some kiddies .... i do feel like i want to carry the torch

i'm in this boat too... how old are you?
    i turned 30 this year. with most of my friends already married and having kids, it's hard at times not to feel frantic/urgent about it, although i do feel strongly that i'm not ready for that shit. i realize i'm not over the hill yet, but it's tough. i'm sure i have at least one more solid year of straightening my own life out before it'd be even feasible to take it to that next level...

turned 28 a couple of months ago.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Co-sign, I just got into a new relationship & both of us were absolutely not looking for anything whatsoever, then out of the blue "bam", but it's turned out really amazing. I have single friends, my flatmate is a case in point, she just over analyzes & looks way too hard. Just take it easy, be yourself & it should happen.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    i've dated tons of girls over the years

i can easily have "relations" with a gorgeous girl