The Sound Library - The true story

RobRob 10 Posts
edited August 2006 in Announcements
Hi, this is Rob from TSL.In most partnerships people reach a point at which they agree to disagree and decide to go their seperate ways. This is what happened in May between Steve and myself. As you may already know we split the inventory and Steve remained at 214 Avenue A to use up the last months left on our 8 year lease. We had a good run at that location but I'd long felt we'd outgrown the space and it became a huge source of frustration for me as we couldn't display anywhere near as many titles as we had available which seemed to many of our customers as if we held a lot of stuff for "special" customers which simply wasn't the case.Steve wasn't planning on opening a new shop but has now decided to do just that and is opening a shop on 12th Street between A and B some time in early September but so far I don't know what it's going to be called.I on the other hand am opening The Sound Library on Orchard Street just below Houston and will be opening on the first week of September. One major feature of this new location for me is having about 60 rows of records compared to only 30 at the old space (neither figure includes the cheap bins underneath).I sincerely hope both shops do well and for you the buying public a much wider selection of titles will be up for grabs by frequenting both.So, in finishing, what me, my friends Steve, Jared and Ras have been through this year will prove to be a positive thing for everyone involved, especially all of you that have dealt with us in the past and all that will in the future too.Rob.

Comments