Muhammad Ali Toothbrush Record(s) Question

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I've found several copies of "May the Brush be With You" over the years. This weekend, I found another one called "Ali and His Gang vs. Mr. Tooth Decay" it has a totally different cover but lists some of the same personnel (Sinatra, Richie Havens, Ossie Davis etc.)--but it's sealed--I have not opened it yet to listen. I'm just wondering if it's worth anything before I crack it open? I've seen the other one go for $20-$30. thanks.

Comments

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    I'd say you can get around 30/40 bucks easy for the Ali LP
    I've never seen the follow up thats adverised on it tho, the drug pushers one. Not even sure if it exists.
    b

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here's a review of the record. I've seen the price be all over. Sometimes up to $40, but other times as low as $10. It's obviously a novelty record, but Ali was one of my all time greatest heroes growing up so I enjoy it.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=39

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I've found several copies of "May the Brush be With You" over the years. This weekend, I found another one called "Ali and His Gang vs. Mr. Tooth Decay" it has a totally different cover but lists some of the same personnel (Sinatra, Richie Havens, Ossie Davis etc.)--but it's sealed--I have not opened it yet to listen. I'm just wondering if it's worth anything before I crack it open? I've seen the other one go for $20-$30. thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's the same recording with a different title and cover. It's been a long time since I checked either of those records, though, so I could be wrong about that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ali Shaheed Muhammed Toothpaste....

A TRIBE CALLED CREST!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yawn......