They Banned Myspace At Work!!!!

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
what the fuck am i going to do? should i quit?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yes.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    seriously though. its the only way i can get through the day. i can care less about anything other than the fact its fucking boring here. they banned Wikipedia too? WHY???

• Yeah, myspace has been banned at my job for a while now. So is any outside e-mail and anything else that's fun. I'm surprised soulstrut still comes up.

i used to love the fact i can go online all day and be so sick of it afterwords that i shun computer use at home.

now i will have no choice.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    i used to love the fact i can go online all day and be so sick of it afterwords that i shun computer use at home.

now i will have no choice.

I do feel your pain. When I first joined the company I still work for now they were such a ramshackle operation that they were quite happy for you to be logged into kazaa all day while you did your work. I used to spend the first 15 minutes of the day lining up the songs I wanted and have them all waiting for me at the end of the day to listen to on the way home.

It was only when the company turned more "professional" that I was finally forced to invest in a decent home computer. Bastards.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    They Banned Myspace SoulStrut At Work!!!!

what the fuck am i going to do?

should i quit?

Yes.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    yeh, no myspace or youtube here...
    i think maybe they find the strut amusing. ...i hope.

ps- there are "back" entrance websites ( ) that you can get access to myspace...and prolly youtube too...
    its just now that they are blocked, i dont feel that i need to visit them as much. but if they mess w/my msg boards and unkut...ooo

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    You should try to see if MySpace comes up in an anonymous web browsing tool like The Cloak.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Myspace aye?

I cant even sign up, i keep getting a message saying "enter a valid postcode"

i enter my valid (Dutch) postcode and i get a new "enter a valid postcode" message.

grumblgrumble

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How does anyone spend more than 5 minutes on MySpace anyway?

I honestly don't know what one could do on there "all day" at all...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How does anyone spend more than 5 minutes on MySpace anyway?

I honestly don't know what one could do on there "all day" at all...

I personally detest MySpace. It was cool for a week. Having SS on there does not hurt, but I stay off of it. It's actually lost its coolness now. It's so commercialized. Every blockbuster movie has it's own myspace page. And now that it's on the 6 O'Clock news every night... I feel like a perve logging in... especially at work.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, it's a great promotional tool, and I have been able to keep in touch
    with old friends who live all over the world with it, but doing so only takes
    about 5 minutes a month ... I always hear about people "always being on
    myspace" and I just don't know what they are doing with the time ...

... except looking at pictures of chicks, of course...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I feel like a perve logging in

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I deleted my account about a month ago after being on it for like 2 years. Just wasn't feeling it anymore. It was fun for a while but I felt too much like it was a window into my world for strangers to look into. The clincher came when an ex from years ago found me on it. Last person in the world I wanted to know anything about me. I ended up deleting my account shortly thereafter.

im saying

i got a music account and its a cool promotional tool but it really doesnt mean shit considering the amount of people on that fucking site who make shitty music

i just started a personal account where u hafta know my name or email to request me so its much cooler

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Yea i did that too...but still, everytime i see a 14 years old pic i feel like a "potential" pedo since anything can get you suspiscious.lol...I would feel better is it was 18+ only.

Anyway; since we talk about networking, i'm about to relocate for California. Right now i still dont know where exactly, which brings me to my request : is there anyone in real estate that could help me to find a furnished flat in L.A. or its area. PM me. Thx.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    our school district blocks Myspace, but all the kids know a secret way to get to it. They can't read for shit but they are hacker geniuses!