RIP Joseph Hill of Culture

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.fastlaneintl.com/Culture was one of the groups that soundtracked my teenage years - records like Africa Stand Alone, Two Sevens Clash and Harder Than The Rest were amongst my earliest introduction to serious roots reggae, and Joseph Hill's voice was one of its most distinctive. RIP.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    REST IN PEACE.

• Rest in Peace.

I caught Culture at Montreal Reggae Festival in 2004 and they were the highlight of the weekend. He will be missed.

• ouch. rough news. i was lucky enough to see the man perform several times, so much respect, such an amazing presence on stage.

R.I.P.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    OMG! Damn...that gave me some chills. R.I.P. Some of my fondest memories are of Culture shows. One of the most memoriable was in Santa Barabra many years back, but the friend I went with died unexpectedly last year around this time. I took my mom to a culture show for mothers day one year and turned her on to a whole new kick! Shit...that sucks. Im going to go dig out some pics and see if I can upload this amazingly bad ass photo I took of him at the S.B. show.