new to the CDJ thing. mp3 quality,burning CDs

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
ok so I bought one(Pioneer CDJ800) to add into my 2 1200s. Can someone break it down for me as far as what I need to know about burning CDs with tracks I will want to use when I play out? I will be downloading..as well as recording vinyl onto the PC, then burning. Yall told me that the quality sucks of mp3s in the club or on a banging system so I know this is something to need to fully understand. Proceed to break it down for me, fellas. thanks. PMs are welcomed.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    192 or better.

and if it ain't gonna break you, get a BBE sonic maximizer to make thinness go away.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Download iTunes (available for both Mac and PC).
    Rip at a minimum of 192 kbps. I use 256.

Enjoy.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    STOOPID QWESTCHUN:

Can mp3s be "expanded"? Sayin', if you DL an mp3, can you somehow make it robust again? Seems like I saw this option in CDex, but maybe not.

• STOOPID QWESTCHUN:

Can mp3s be "expanded"? Sayin', if you DL an mp3, can you somehow make it robust again? Seems like I saw this option in CDex, but maybe not.

Only stoopid in that i don't understand what you mean by "robust", Mr V****r!
    I usually do this:

convert mp3 to .wav
    amplify the output in Cool Edit
    burn the .wav files as an audio cd
    give the cd away at the end of the night

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    STOOPID QWESTCHUN:

I usually do this:

convert mp3 to .wav

Dank u wel, W****m!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    STOOPID QWESTCHUN:

I usually do this:

convert mp3 to .wav

Damn, never thought about that.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    STOOPID QWESTCHUN:

I usually do this:

convert mp3 to .wav

Downloading MP3s and then remastering them individually to burn on CD is a lot of work. It seems like your time would be better spent just recording WAV files straight off your records, then burning the CDs. Then all your CDs will sound good and you don't have to worry about all these varying-quality, different-sounding files. I started recording my records about a year ago to burn CDs, and saved all the WAV files in an external hard drive. Then when I got Serato I was already good to go.