Fried chicken in L.A. (besides Roscoe's)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm looking for a spot that sells whole fried chicken (cut up) to go. Roscoe's is an obvious spot but they only do half chickens and the shit ain't cheap. We might also get a few Zankou chickens but we'd like to cop some fried ones too.

Comments

• not fried... but if you're looking for cheap chicken go to dino's burgers on pico. you get a half chicken that's like flourescent orange on top of some fries in this weird greek sauce and some coleslaw and corn tortillas for $4.25. can't beat that.

but i'd also suggest pollo a la brasa on western and 8th. cost a little more, but this peruvian rotisserie is way better than zankou.

-ellsworth

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    pollo a la brasa

rotisserie heaven

• up the street from roscoes [on pico] is maurice's. pretty damn good southern style fried chicken but its not much cheaper than roscoes. go further east on pico and where the ralphs is theres a haitian owned fried chicken joint that is substantially cheaper. decent, but much more greasy than the southern version. the jukebox is bangin though.

i think aser asked about LA fried chicken on here. you should do a search.

• pollo a la brasa

rotisserie heaven

INDEED!

wood fired goodness. the guatemalan chain pollo campero is close by too. decent, cheap guatemalan fried and rotisserie chicken.

and dont front on el pollo loco. i know its a corny chain but in a pinch their chicken aint bad at all.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pollo a la brasa

rotisserie heaven

went there last night. big fat "C" in the window.

dont get me wrong i was still down BUT....schitt was closed. at like 7 pm.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Golden Bird in Inglewood anyone?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

here here

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

here here

good to know I ain't alone in this.

Also, I've recommended it before but it deserves another nod, KICKIN CHICKEN on Washington a block west of La Brea is most definitly a polace to eat at. They got weird hours nowadays but its worth driving by just to see if its open

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    pollo a la brasa

rotisserie heaven

went there last night. big fat "C" in the window.

dont get me wrong i was still down BUT....schitt was closed. at like 7 pm.

Damn a C? So basically you order a chicken and there's two rats fucking on your plate next to it?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Flossie's
    3566 Redondo Beach Blvd
    Torrance, CA 90504-1404
    (310) 352-4037
    Cross Street: Yukon Ave. // West of Crenshaw Ave.

http://oishiieats.blogspot.com/2006/03/messed-up-priorities-flossies-southern_29.html

Honey Kettle - great chicken, terrible service = perfect for takeout

http://honeyskettle.com/

Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch (Buffet style Fried Chicken, Meat Loaf, smothered steak, chicken and dumplings. (Sunday, all-you-Can-Eat fried chicken buffet)
    4325 Glencoe Ave
    Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-6444
    (310) 578-1005

people have said Pann's too but shig says it's garbage, I trust his opinion.