Verizon "Chocolate" - anybody got one yet?

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hi.I'm about this close (holds up 2 fingers roughly 1/2 inch apart) to getting one of these things. I went and looked at them yesteday and the whole touch sensitivity thing was weird.Does anyone own this phone yet? How's the battery life? Earpiece? Anything else?

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Did Apple have anything to do with this thing? Phones were getting smaller and smaller and now they seem to be getting bigger and bigger. I loved my old Ericsson T28W. Coolest phone ever although it was archaic by today's standards. Couldn't even receive text messages.

Also had one of the highest radiation levels of any phone on the market.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm weary on all new phones after buying a razor and getting stuck in a 2 year contract with this piece of shit. I ain't buying anything thats "state of the art" cell phone-wise again. I'ma wait out 6 months on all new cell phone technology so I can hear what the issues are down the road.

A**n,

use caution

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    im sick of cell phones

im so used to my piece of shit Nextel with no reception and scheming repair people, bogus bills etc. that im just gonna keep it until they make phones the size of pennies

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Word from the techie types who would know is that the Chocolate is a piece of shit, look at something else.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm weary on all new phones after buying a razor and getting stuck in a 2 year contract with this piece of shit. I ain't buying anything thats "state of the art" cell phone-wise again. I'ma wait out 6 months on all new cell phone technology so I can hear what the issues are down the road.

A**n,

use caution

Leary + Wary does not = Weary.

But yeah, I've learned the hard way that buying the more expensive phone only gets you a more expensive piece of crap.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Word from the techie types who would know is that the Chocolate is a piece of shit, look at something else.

Uhhh the problem is that they are all pieces of shit. Although your plethora suggestions and recommendations is appreciated.

Can you expand on what exactly makes it a piece of sh*t? What are "the techie types who would know" suggesting?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I'm holding out for the sony w900 (might even fuck with a w810 since it's taking for ever to drop the 900) or the nokia n91

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hi.
    I'm about this close (holds up 2 fingers roughly 1/2 inch apart) to getting one of these things. I went and looked at them yesteday and the whole touch sensitivity thing was weird.

Does anyone own this phone yet? How's the battery life? Earpiece? Anything else?

Tech blogs are ablaze about this phone, check gizmodo for the minute by minute coverage. Apparently Just Blaze got an early one and was the envy of the foneratti .

Anyhow, it's nice but I'm going for a Cingular PDA instead. Fuk a cameraphone.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    If you want to talk to me, call me across the room at Sheer Majick.