MARVA WHITNEYS NEW RECORDINGS ARE DOPE

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I did a interview with her in 2003 or 04 and she told me about a new LP she wants to record, when I asked her about Daptone records and the Contemporary Funk scene she didnt knew anything about it and told me instead that she is going to record in a proffesional studio with state of the art equipment. I'll be honest, I thought to myself who wants to buy this ??? With this modern day sound (Call me a hater, but I prefer the old school sound) But instead of what I feared she did a very slick move and recorded in Japan with the best James Brown playing and sounding band that there is at this moment.Osaka Monaurail The 45 will be called "I am what I am" and you can check it here:Part 1 Part 2 This is here official page where you can read some more stuff about here recent Japan tour.Marva Whitney She recorded a whole LP with Osaka Monaurail and the LP is set to released in october. Beside this new LP there is this:------------------------------------------------------------------------------But we have more plans with Marva. Only recently, I got a hold of a tapeof the legendary "I sing Soul" album, which Marva has recorded with JamesBrown back in 1969. It`s Marva Whitney doing what she does best, it's oneamazing piece of music. Apart from the already known "Sunny", a duet withJames Brown which was released on his "Gittin' down to it" album, none ofthe recordings have ever been put out, they don't even circulate in thefan community. But we got them, folks!I won`t tell you too much ... only that you can expect an amzing versionof "My funny Valentine" and Aretha's "Respect" ... as well as an alternateversion of "Soul Pride". I am currently shopping around for a distributorfor this masterpiece, once I got that in the can, it will only be a matterof time until "I sing Soul" will offically see the light of the day -after 36 years!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm curious about this.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Please to change your location to Lower SaxonYYYYYYYY.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Great news.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace