Suck a d*ck you bigwig honky mf

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
FROM:http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/08/14/george-allens-macaca/
Sen. George Allen has a funny way of communicating with the only non-white at an all Republican event.S.R. Sidarth, a senior at the University of Virginia, had been trailing Allen with a video camera to document his travels and speeches for the Webb campaign. During a campaign speech Friday in Breaks, Virginia, near the Kentucky border, Allen singled out Sidarth and called him a word that sounded like "Macaca.""Lets give a welcome to Macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia," said Allen, who then began talking about the "war on terror." In an interview, Sidarth said he suspects Allen singled him out because he was the only non-white face in the audience, which he estimated included about 100 Republican supporters.

He could have at least asked him his name since he???s been around his campaign. And yes, what does he mean by Macaca?If spelled M-a-c-a-c-a, the term refers to a species of monkeys in the Eastern Hemisphere. "Is he saying Sidarth is a monkey?" [Webb spokesperson Kristian Denny] Todd asked. The word M-a-k-a-k-a refers to a town in South Africa. Todd accused Wadhams of "reaching" for an explanation for Allen???s comments. "The kid has a name. This is trying to demean him, to minimize him as a person," Todd said.
WHITEY PLEASE.Ask the RNC to withdraw support for this dude here:http://political.moveon.org/withdrawallen/?id=8472-5623508-cunSOO80BXh6l8QFQ4zHDQ&t=3

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Done. Now I'm gonna forward the link.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    MoveOn get the RNC to do something?!

*As a sidenote, there are no "macacas", there are macaques, which is pronounced nothing like macaca. I think this dude is a redneck who doesn't know how to pronounce a foreign dude's name he heard or doesn't care/didn't find out his name and wanted to make a point that he knew dude was watching him.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this kind of shit makes me sad

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

I guess we could just bitch to each other about it.

• His latest "expla-ma-nation" is that he didn't mean macaca like the monkey, he was actually saying a made up mixture of "mohawk" and "ca ca", i.e. calling the kid a shithead (I'm not making this up...).

Dipshit.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    damn what a fuckface,
    and know back to the war on terror,
    dudes like that need (religious)war to hide their
    whole racist ignorant fucked up mentality
    sad shit

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Rob Cordrey was spot on when he said being a racist could be a deficit OR an asset in VA. So who knows how this can impact his campaign?

That issue aside. You can see pretty clearly from this video that George Allen is a dumbass.

I hate to say it, but he will probably beat Webb for the Senate seat and go on to be a top contender for the GOP '08 prez. It's pretty sad. Although, I like Webb, I'd gladly vote for a quality GOP candidate in VA. Allen is a real piece of shit. Personally, he's a real asshole--not a people person at all. And he appears to be slightly retarded--serioulsy. He's the epitome for the Southern fratboy privilege via the good ol' boy system. Something I hate with all of my being. So, yeah, I'm prejudiced.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    His latest "expla-ma-nation" is that he didn't mean macaca like the monkey, he was actually saying a made up mixture of "mohawk" and "ca ca", i.e. calling the kid a shithead (I'm not making this up...).

Dipshit.

Wow that is bad. What a fucking idiot. Sadly this will probably just get him more votes in some parts of VA.

*As a sidenote, there are no "macacas", there are macaques, which is pronounced nothing like macaca. I think this dude is a redneck who doesn't know how to pronounce a foreign dude's name he heard or doesn't care/didn't find out his name and wanted to make a point that he knew dude was watching him.

I think he was trying to appeal to the all-white crowd at the dude's expense, by jokingly calling him something that sounded foreign simply because of the guy's skin color. He might not have thought he was being racist, but If it were 1960 and the kid was black, he'd probably called him Sambo and still wondered what the big deal was.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Apparently "macaque" - as in the monkey - is a racial slur in France and Belgium, left over from the African colonial days. Pronounced in French it sounds like "macaca".

That might sound kind of obscure for a GOP candidate. But Allen's mother is French and grew up in Tunisia during the last days of French influence. For upper-class whites in Africa in the 1950s you can bet that it was a term in common use.

Allen speaks fluent French, and it seems extremely likely he would have been exposed to the word growing up.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Well then, that changes a whole bunch. This dude was a tool before, but now he is a confirmed racist tool. I doubted face value his level of intelligence to know about a macaque monkey. The French pronunciation discussion is a stretch (it would prolly be makakuh), but sounds quite plausible now. Thanks for clearing it up JM.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    hell yeah, VA holdin it down

i love richmond, but damn, sometimes people in this state just do some stupid ass backwards shit. sad.

If it were 2006 and the kid was black, he'd probably called him Sambo and still wondered what the big deal was.

If it were 2006 and the kid was Mexican, he'd probably called him Speedy Gonzales and still wondered what the big deal was.

If it were 2006 and the kid was Chinese, he'd probably called him Wing Wang and still wondered what the big deal was.

If it were 2006 and the kid was Israeli, he'd probably called him Osama and still wondered what the big deal was.

I should stop. Serioulsy, this dude makes W look smart.

i love the USA, but damn, sometimes people in this country just do some stupid ass backwards shit. sad.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Apparently "macaque" - as in the monkey - is a racial slur in France and Belgium, left over from the African colonial days. Pronounced in French it sounds like "macaca".

This might sound kind of obscure for a GOP candidate. But Allen's mother is French and grew up in Tunisia during the last days of French influence. Allen speaks fluent French and would surely have been exposed to the term.

Let's start a slur campaign against him calling him a frog-eating French sympathizer who secretly hates America. That would probably hurt his support base more than calling him a bigot.

Seriously, this cracker get the gas face.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

This might sound kind of obscure for a GOP candidate. But Allen's mother is French and grew up in Tunisia during the last days of French influence. Allen speaks fluent French and would surely have been exposed to the term.

Let's start a slur campaign against him calling him a frog-eating French sympathizer who secretly hates America. That would probably hurt his support base more than calling him a bigot.

Seriously, this cracker get the gas face.

This is a great plan.

Dude seemed creepy and psychologically damaged way before this incident. There was a long profile a few months ago in the New Republic - the picture they painted was of a Southern Californian rich boy who adopted a redneck persona as a form of rebellion.

The story is subscribers only, but here are some excerpts.

Campaigning for governor in 1993, he admitted to prominently displaying a Confederate flag in his living room. He said it was part of a flag collection--and had been removed at the start of his gubernatorial bid. When it was learned that he kept a noose hanging on a ficus tree in his law office, he said it was part of a Western memorabilia collection. [...] He issued a proclamation drafted by the Sons of Confederate Veterans declaring April Confederate History and Heritage Month. The text celebrated Dixie's "four-year struggle for independence and sovereign rights." There was no mention of slavery.
    In Palos Verdes, an exclusive cliffside community, he lived in a palatial home with sweeping views of downtown Los Angeles and the Santa Monica basin. It had handmade Italian tiles and staircases that his eccentric mother, Etty, designed to match those in the Louvre. "It looks like a French ch??teau," says Linda Hurt Germany, a high school classmate.

[...] the oddest part of the myth of George Allen's Dixie rusticity is his mother. Rather than a Southern belle, Etty was, in fact, French, and, as such, she was a deliciously indiscreet cultural libertine. She would do housework in her bra and panties. She wore muumuus and wraparound sunglasses and once won a belly button contest. According to Jennifer, "Mom prided herself for being un-American. ... She was ashamed that she had given up her French citizenship to become a citizen of a country she deemed infantile."
    Like Etty, George saw himself as disconnected from the culture in which he lived. He hated California and, while there, became obsessed with the supposed authenticity of rural life--or at least what he imagined it to be from episodes of "Hee Haw," his favorite TV show, or family vacations in Mexico, where he rode horses. Perhaps because of his peripatetic childhood, the South's deeply rooted culture attracted him. Or perhaps it was a romance with the masculinity and violence of that culture; his father, who was not one to spare the rod, once broke his son Gregory's nose in a fight. Whatever it was, Allen got his first pair of those now-iconic cowboy boots from one of his father's players on the Rams who received them as a promotional freebie. He also learned to dip from his dad's players. At school, he started to wear an Australian bush hat, complete with a dangling chin strap and the left brim snapped up. He wore the hat for a yearbook photo of the falconry club. His favorite record was Johnny Cash's At Folsom Prison. Writing of her brother's love for the "big, slow-witted Junior" on "Hee Haw," Jennifer reports, "[t]here was also something mildly country-thuggish about Junior that I think George felt akin to."

In high school, Allen's "Hee Haw" persona made him a polarizing figure. "He rode a little red Mustang around with a Confederate flag plate on the front," says Patrick Campbell, an old classmate, who now works for the Public Works Department in Manhattan Beach, California. "I mean, it was absurd-looking in our neighborhood." Hurt Germany, who now lives in Paso Robles, California, explodes with anger at the mention of Allen's name. "The guy is horrible," she complains. "He drove around with a Confederate flag on his Mustang. I can't believe he's going to run for president." Another classmate, who asks that I not use her name, also remembers Allen's obsession with Dixie: "My impression is that he was a rebel. He plastered the school with Confederate flags."
    Soon after, Allen finally got the chance to become a Southerner. In 1971, his dad was hired to coach the Redskins, and the Allens relocated to Virginia. Allen transferred from ucla, where he spent his first year of college, to UVA. The old "Hee Haw" fan was like a pig in slop. Even at Virginia's own state school, Allen stood out for his showy brand of good ol' boyness. Under the headline "allen and country living," a 1973 profile in the school paper noted his penchant for country music had earned him the campus nickname of "Neck." He drove a pickup truck (paid for by the Redskins). He wore cowboy boots. He supported Richard Nixon and the war in Vietnam. He once shot a squirrel on campus, skinned it, ate it, and hung its pelt on his wall. "He was trying to be more Virginian than the average Virginian," says Sabato.

• You also gotta love how he rides on W's "My opponent is from Hollywood! He's completely disconnected from the rest of America and doesn't really count as a real American" smear tactic tailcoats.

So ironical...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Campaigning for governor in 1993, he admitted to prominently displaying a Confederate flag in his living room. He said it was part of a flag collection--and had been removed at the start of his gubernatorial bid. When it was learned that he kept a noose hanging on a ficus tree in his law office, he said it was part of a Western memorabilia collection. [...]

I love this. Anything possibly damaging can be deemed part of some obscure collection.

This is just getting more and more entertaining... check out this letter from the Webb staffer's grandparents:

We would like to thank you for taking the right stand on the gaffe of Sen. George Allen [George Allen's America, editorial, Aug. 15].

It is quite shocking for a person of Mr. Allen's caliber, who is running for a second Senate term and is a likely candidate for president in 2008, to point a finger at a young lad of 20, bullying our grandson, S.R. Sidarth, and calling him a derogatory and uncalled-for name. Sidarth was only videotaping the event.

In the 1930s Sidarth's great-grandfather accompanied Mohandas Gandhi to London as his secretary at the Round Table Conference on political reform in India. We come from a heritage of nationalists and seekers after truth. Hence these remarks hurt all the more, and we are personally affected by such an attack.

BOB NARASIMHAN

MANI NARASIMHAN

Bethesda

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, so harsh. Dude probably just forgot his name or something. Glad im not a politician.

Damn, so harsh.

Um, no.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i didn't like his pa

& i don't like him

^ looks like ronnie & w

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, so harsh.

Um, hell no.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Damn, so harsh. Dude probably just forgot his name or something. Glad im not a politician.

did you watch that video? dude told him "welcome to america!".

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

did you watch that video? dude told him "welcome to america!".

oh. no i didnt watch the video. my bad.

here's another one