dinner theater crowd wants paid

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I wonder if they will take 10 Jim Neighbors records in trade?http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/192061018.htmlAndy Williams Vinyl Records for Sale--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reply to: [email]sale-192061018@craigslist.org[/email]Date: 2006-08-09, 2:56PM EDTI am selling 8 Andy Williams Vinyl Records in Good condition in their origonal jackets. I will sell them either individually or in a set. $15.00 each $90.00 for the set of (8) The titles are as follows: All Titles are From Columbia Records "Happy Heart" "The Way We Were" "The Other Side of Me" "Greatest Hits" "Merry Christmas" "Christmas Album" "The Impossible Dream" "You Lay So Easy On My Mind" Please e-mail with any questions.

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I wonder if they will take 10 Jim Neighbors records in trade?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/192061018.html

Andy Williams Vinyl Records for Sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: [email]sale-192061018@craigslist.org[/email]
    Date: 2006-08-09, 2:56PM EDT

I am selling 8 Andy Williams Vinyl Records in Good condition in their origonal jackets. I will sell them either individually or in a set.

$15.00 each
    $90.00 for the set of (8)

The titles are as follows:

All Titles are From Columbia Records

"Happy Heart"
    "The Way We Were"
    "The Other Side of Me"
    "Greatest Hits"
    "Merry Christmas"
    "Christmas Album"
    "The Impossible Dream"
    "You Lay So Easy On My Mind"

Please e-mail with any questions.

This seems to be par for the course for Craig's List when it comes to records.
    All these clowns think they are sitting on a goldmine, when nothing could be
    farther from the truth.
    Has anyone made a serious score from Craig's List?

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am selling 8 Andy Williams Vinyl Records in Good condition in their origonal jackets. I will sell them either individually or in a set.

$15.00 each

"Happy Heart"
    "The Way We Were"
    "The Other Side of Me"
    "Greatest Hits"
    "Merry Christmas"
    "Christmas Album"
    "The Impossible Dream"

farther from the truth.

this gym in brooklyn bought ought a space that belonged to a record distribution wharehouse that just decided to leave everything behind. Dude posted it on craigslist. Went to this spot and there must have been 25,000 records in the basement. lots of mildew, moisture, just nasty shit left behind like sandwiches from months back etc. I guess they specialized in dance music because majority of it was house/techno. Walked away with about 300-500 records at 10 cents a piece. Tons of masters at work, shelter, garage type vinyl. Also found an OG lynn collins - Think. Completley mangled cover though. Grabbed a crate load of blank sleeves from white label pressings too.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I seem to remember something...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I seem to remember something...

God. I was hoping I'd never have to see that picture again!

for the aspects of sampling ?

I've heard a bunch of the bruton and kpm and it isnt anything I will listen to for enjoyment.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i've had one decent hit for some 45s and a bunch of misses on craigslist thus far.

i had a frustrating ordeal with some dude in NY a couple weeks ago.

He had a post that read "Records for sale $1" and put up this huge list. i saw three records i wanted (including Oneness of JuJu) and offered him $15 for three records (what i thought he was selling for a total of $3) and shipping / mailer and he emails me back saying something like:

"All the records sold and quite frankly $15 is offensive."

Yes $15 is offensive if you aren't selling those records for a dollar. i emailed him back but got no response. i guess in the end, like any other means, its eventually worth putting up with weirdos and people who drive you a little crazy. (i.e. those pictures above)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

$15.00 each

"Happy Heart"
    "The Way We Were"
    "The Other Side of Me"
    "Greatest Hits"
    "Merry Christmas"
    "Christmas Album"
    "The Impossible Dream"

farther from the truth.

this gym in brooklyn bought ought a space that belonged to a record distribution wharehouse that just decided to leave everything behind. Dude posted it on craigslist. Went to this spot and there must have been 25,000 records in the basement. lots of mildew, moisture, just nasty shit left behind like sandwiches from months back etc. I guess they specialized in dance music because majority of it was house/techno. Walked away with about 300-500 records at 10 cents a piece. Tons of masters at work, shelter, garage type vinyl. Also found an OG lynn collins - Think. Completley mangled cover though. Grabbed a crate load of blank sleeves from white label pressings too.

That was Satellite records warehouse (next to Acad n6th right?). I must have got in there after you because the only worthwhile thing I got was empty sleeves. Never seen so much bad music in one place.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    People like this are so dumb that it makes me a little bit angry.

Ninety-plus percent of any collectible--books, stamps, ceramic figurines, whatever--is crap that you can't give away.

Why do they think that records would magically defy this reality?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    People like this are so dumb that it makes me a little bit angry.

Ninety-plus percent of any collectible--books, stamps, ceramic figurines, whatever--is crap that you can't give away.

Why do they think that records would magically defy this reality?

But dude they are in good condition.

This makes me think of those antique shops where everything over priced. Like someone is going to walk off the street and buy a $100 coke bottle.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I've heard a bunch of the bruton and kpm and it isnt anything I will listen to for enjoyment.

I find that my copy of KPM "Afro Rock" is an enjoyable listening experience from end to end, also has some great tunes to play out.

Also for selling and/or trading

• up right now...

2 "must have" Vintage Collectable Records 70's - $50

Still in playable conditions, got to love the niddle sound on your record player, bring back the times. Enyoy!

Queen 45 rpm we will rock you $10 side B inc. We are the champions.

Saturday Night Fever Original Soundtrack 2 records 33 rpm $40

Tracklisting:
    Bee Gees Stayin' Alive (4:43)
    Bee Gees How Deep Is Your Love (4:03)
    Bee Gees Night Fever (3:33)
    Bee Gees More Than A Woman (3:15)
    Yvonne Elliman If I Can't Have You (2:15)
    Walter Murphy A Fifth Of Beethoven (3:01)
    Tavares More Than A Woman (3:16)
    Bill Oakes & David Shire Manhattan Skyline (4:43)
    Ralph MacDonald Calypso Breakdown (7:50)
    Bill Oakes & David Shire Night On Disco Mountain (5:12)
    Kool & The Gang Open Sesame (3:59)
    Bee Gees Jive Talkin' (3:44)
    Bee Gees You Should Be Dancing (4:15)
    KC & The Sunshine Band Boogie Shoes (2:16)
    Bill Oakes & David Shire Salsation (3:50)
    MFSB K-Jee (4:15)
    Trammps, The Disco Inferno (10:52)

Released: 1977
    Genre: Funk / Soul
    Style: Disco
    Notes: (P)&(C) Robert Stigwood Organisation 1977.

Gatefold sleeve.

I find that my copy of KPM "Afro Rock" is an enjoyable listening experience from end to end, also has some great tunes to play out.

Also for selling and/or trading

I have a gang of library joints im willing to trade up for. Got a gang of Selected Sound Library lp's, bruton, kpm and Parry.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

a couple years ago there was a dude on there from Toledo selling his jazz LP collection at $5 apiece. I emailed him to see if it was good shit and he said he had a couple dozen Sun Ra's on Saturn, etc. Unfortunately by the time I got to his house he had discovered ebay, and about half of what I pulled he wouldn't sell me. I still walked away with a handful of OG Actuels and some other good stuff for $5 apiece, but DAMNNNNN! the shit I had to put back broke my heart. I kinda felt like he should've at least hooked me up with one for my trouble, but whatever.