R.I.P. Bruno Kirby

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
this makes me sadhttp://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2318081there's a great deleted scene of him on the spinal tap dvd singing "My Way" in his underwear and using a pizza crust as a microphone

Comments

• Aw man, that is sad. RIP.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    He was good in the godfather II. Sad news.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    it's kinda messed up they use a photo of him as Barry Sheck

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Kind of messed up they listed him as the actor from city slickers.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    strange enough...i saw a dude downtown the other day who i had to do a double take on to make sure he wasn't Bruno. I liked this dude alot. "that book should be called YES I CAN if Frank Sinatra says it's OK" !!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Kind of messed up they listed him as the actor from city slickers.

it is one of his more famous roles.

I liked him as the skeevy coach in the Basketball Diaries

Rest in peace Bruno. You made a lot of people happy and will always be appreciated for doing so

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I didnt realize he was that old...

sad news...

his role in Spinal Tap, and his performance in the scenes that didnt make the final cut (there is a 6 hour version floating around out there) is off the waffle iron...

RIP

• I didnt realize he was that old...

Check out his IMDB entry. He was a regular on Room 222 (like 1970/71) and in a strange twist, Kirby, who played young Clemenza in Godfather 2, played the son of Richard Castellano (old Clemenza) in a pre-Godfather TV series called 'The Super'.

His father Bruce Kirby was a pretty familiar character actor.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    R.I.P Bruno Kirby

• R.I.P. Bruno....

there's a 6 hour version of SPINAL TAP??? why haven't i seen this yet?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    R.I.P. Bruno....

yeah, there use to be this bootleg video operation called Miami Video, they had all kinds of shit you could mail order..like the Chuck "smell my fart bitch" Berry video, they had crazy shit....havent seen a catalog in a long while...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    R.I.P. Bruno....

Crossings your in LA right? If so you might want to check a spot on Vermont in the Los feliz village. I forget the name of the store but its right next door to where Fatbeats used to be and about one block south of the Dresden room. They got tons off oddities and bootlegs for rent. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the 6 hour Spinal Tap cassette