Strut-Influenced HATE letter published in SCRATCH!

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Thought some of you might find this interesting,So some of you probably remember a hate-thread on the Strut a while back directed at Scratch's decision to feature Saigon on it's cover shortly after the passing of Jay Dee. For whatever reason this fired me up enough to send them a little hate e-mail, and to my amusement it has been published in the latest issue. I had no intention on them printing this thing (as you can tell from the half-drunk don't-give-a-fuck type writing). I actually stopped reading this rage after that issue (a friend e-mailed me telling me about the letter). At least good ol' Wax Poe did a decent tribute to the dude.Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWhy did they have to use my real name Saigon please don't shoot me!

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Aren't they required to print any letter mentioning "real heads" or "keeping it real?"

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Remember when "while you were sleeping" went into the shitter? they started publishing all their hate-mail too.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Repeat after me:

"It musta been some OTHER Oliver."

or:

"Man, I don't even HAVE e-mail."

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    so....did they respond??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Aren't they required to print any letter mentioning "real heads" or "keeping it real?"

I don't think they get enough mail to pick and choose what they publish.

The Source, at least, used to actually make up letters to fill the space.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I just want to thank you for all those great 4AD cover designs. I had no idea you posted on here, let alone read SCRATCH. Welcome, bruv!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I just want to thank you for all those great 4AD cover designs. I had no idea you posted on here, let alone read SCRATCH. Welcome, bruv!

Nice google search! That's not me though, I believe this fellow also did some of the Pixies album covers.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I can't believe I used "Real Heads" I'm not even a "Real Head" for goodness sake. Like I said I was probably a little boozy! It's actually quite sad that they printed this, and you're right they probably don't get a lot of letters. They always seem to post the ones where people just say how amazing Scratch is, and "Thank God for you guys" type of letters.