The Horrors "Sheena Is A Parasite"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The Horrors[/b] "Sheena Is A Parasite"Courtesy of The Fader Blog. Shit is off the hook.Who are these guys?

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i agree- it's on some ol' electro/garage rock shit.

i'd ussually hate it but it's

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Not feeling the song so much but the chris cunningham video is dope.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The Horrors[/b] "Sheena Is A Parasite"

Courtesy of The Fader Blog. Shit is off the hook.

Who are these guys?

They're a new English band, I believe. Not really feeling this, to tell the truth. I was talking to a friend about them the other day, and I mentioned how bizarre I thought it was that so much of the music that's said to be the hot shit right now simply reminds me of the hot shit from 25 years ago. I used to be prone to the odd flight of fancy when I was a teenager where I'd wonder where music was gonna be twenty-odd years from now, and what it would sound like. Somehow, I hoped it'd be a little different from this. Nevertheless, listening to these cats makes me think that, if acts like Chrome or Half-Japanese were to come out now, they'd probably be fucking everywhere, instead of prowling the furthest margins of rock music like they were in 1980.

I like the video, though. Chris Cunningham's a law unto himself. I'm told they had to reshoot it for broadcast because of the excessive strobe use. Apparently, TV companies have to run shit like this through some sort of machine to make sure the strobes aren't strong enough to trigger epileptic fits in viewers, and this shit supposedly went off the meter. Samantha Morton with a dead squid up her dress =