photobooth

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
a decade's worthpost yours or you're soft

Comments

• 5 ********* ALL THE WAY.

Man, that's fly...gotta see if i can get the lady to scan these for me tomorrow...

tried to rent one for the wedding, but were thwarted by logistics. photobooths are the best...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    These are some of me and my Dad when I was but a child...probably circa '69 or '70.

tomorrow I will find some from my 20s, maybe even my 30s.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    magnifique, A****y!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I always find it's the same four faces made in the photobooth

straight/smiling
    tough
    crazy
    kissing

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I always find it's the same four faces made in the photobooth

straight/smiling
    tough
    crazy
    kissing

WHADDABOUT

cmon folks, i know birdman and me are not the only one here whose stepped inside a booth.

• i got a crazy full color one from japan but i need to dig it up and scan it.
    all my good black-and-white ones co-star the exgirlfriend and won't be getting dug up nor scanned :-7

i'll get some good ones next time i'm at the local booth spot.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Boston Children's Museum, circa 1988 - me, my boy PB Maxx and my #1 Girl J-Rock:

May 2004, the "Garage" in Harvard Sq: me n' Spanky Whyte flossin'
    the paper I wrapped her BD gift in - textured sparkle panties (the
    paper, not the present! ) and inside was Nat King Cole en Espanol:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Nice flicks Ms Damn

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts

all my good black-and-white ones co-star the exgirlfriend and won't be getting dug up nor scanned

Same.
    It sucks. I've gotta try and get a scan of them though....the worst is that she still has about 8 rolls of undeveloped film from when we went to Europe.

Photobooths are great though.
    Thanks for scanning and posting them.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That reminds me, one day me and my mates were walking down the street and found a shoe box on the floor stacked full of discarded passport photos, like some Amelie style scenario.

Absolutely fascinating looking through what must have been about 300 pics of randoms with no other information. Don't know what ever happened to that collection but I always hope i'll find another one some day.

Boston Children's Museum, circa 1988 - me, my boy PB Maxx and my #1 Girl J-Rock:

May 2004, the "Garage" in Harvard Sq: me n' Spanky Whyte flossin'
    the paper I wrapped her BD gift in - textured sparkle panties (the
    paper, not the present! ) and inside was Nat King Cole en Espanol:

these are awesome!

ch**s, the photo of you in the top left is classic. i wish my folks took me in the booth when i was a baby

anyways, i'm addicted to the photobooth group on flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/photobooth/pool/

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    a kingmoist favorite:

^^nice. y'all look so serious

i really love the one that has a fish with a human face and says "HOLLA". that is amazing

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Here's a few from a flea market trip about a month or so ago. You gotta love the golf cart's that drive around selling beer at that joint!!!

Oh, and that one at the end is well, my butt, I couldn't come up with anymore poses...

IMG SRC="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/IrieIrene/scan0003.jpg" WIDTH=800>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/IrieIrene/ea9e2a43.jpg" alt="" />

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this is the only one i can access from my work computer... my friend DJ Sims used to use photo booth pictures for all her club nights...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

C'mon... This post is just an excuse to let the people know you're friends with Meg White.

C'mon... This post is just an excuse to let the people know you're friends with Meg White.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I heard a rumor once that there was a booth in the Japan Center on Post that would make a rubber stamp of your photo. Anybody ever see this, does it really exist?? Some quality photo booths in there, but I've never seen the rubber stamp one.

I heard a rumor once that there was a booth in the Japan Center on Post that would make a rubber stamp of your photo. Anybody ever see this, does it really exist??

i had two made about 7 years ago. not sure if they are still there though

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

• I heard a rumor once that there was a booth in the Japan Center on Post that would make a rubber stamp of your photo. Anybody ever see this, does it really exist?? Some quality photo booths in there, but I've never seen the rubber stamp one.

this does in fact exist and isnt as raer as one might think. i made one so i could have something to stamp on kid's's papers when they turned them in. mine said "YOURE STAR!" with a picture of my lovely mug. im almost positive they had one in the jtown mall in sf.

they had these!

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    a decade's worth

post yours or you're soft

art school is for suckers & a waste of $$$$$$

What the world really needs right now is more funding for social programs i.e. LCSWs, and better public libraries.

i expected a response like this. i went to a cal state u and art was not my major or minor

why do photobooths have to be associated with art students? shit is timeless and is a universal way to preserve memories and has been around long before any retarded self-conscious connotation.

• awesome thread

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Heres some of me and the girlie, who has moved away but I think we may get hitched one day

Most are more than a few years old, since anything current is in storage. Bring on the hat.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Heres some of me and the girlie, who has moved away but I think we may get hitched one day

Most are more than a few years old, since anything current is in storage. Bring on the hat.

No hatt here but a question from the curious. Are you wearing a bobbydee mask in those pics in the bottom right? Your head kinda looks featureless and it's freaking me out a little here.