noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    really?

fuck

care to explain why?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if the tracks ive heard so far are on it and there's a few more half decent tracks on it, i will be perfectly satisfied with it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Morris Brown" is one of my favorite tracks in a long time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the drums are and the hook is

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    the drums are
    and the hook is

I spun the Monique DVD release party last night, inside a beauty salon, and all the girls who were there were all like "Ooooooh, booooy, what's this?" when I played it towards the end.

And yesm, I'm talking about Monique.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm liking Hollywood Divorce as well.

• care to explain why?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i havent finished listening to it yet but before i have i'd just like to say that janelle monae and scar need to blow up

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    care to explain why?

Andre 3000 is a terrible singer and completely self indulgent.

And, unlike Love Below, the song writing and production isn't strong enough to make up for those facts.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'd just like to say that janelle monae and scar killer mike and sleepy brown need to blow up

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'd just like to say that janelle monae and scar killer mike and sleepy brown need to blow up
    what about all four?
    that song with janelle, killer mike, and sleepy brown is

• yeah at first blush it seems like their worst album by far but i'll wait to see if it grows on me

i wish andre benjamin would just rap

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    the drums are
    and the hook is

I spun the Monique DVD release party last night, inside a beauty salon, and all the girls who were there were all like "Ooooooh, booooy, what's this?" when I played it towards the end.

And yesm, I'm talking about Monique.

I need to hear more stories about this Monique DVD release party.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

[paycheck]I need to hear more stories about this Monique DVD release party.[/paycheck]

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I need to hear more stories about this Monique DVD release party.

and wheres the apostrophe? step your corny street spelling game up.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i am perfectly satisfied with it

• i haven't listened to it yet but before i have i'd just like to say that janelle monae and scar need to blow up step the fuck off

i am pro-sleepy brown and killer mike blowing up, though.

anybody heard Sleepy Brown's "One of Dem Nights"? i love it.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    That Killer Mike is fresh for rap, and critical theory.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    you guys might be interested in this

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3798

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    you guys might be interested in this

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3798

totally rediculous. xxl is just posting leaked albums in whole on their blogger pages?

i kinda have a bad feeling that this sucks though.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    HOT GARBAGE!

This album is their worst to date (and I actually LIKED Speakerboxxx/The Love Below and all previous albums, so I'm not a hater). Andre really needs to stop trying to be Prince (he doesn't have 1/100 the musicianship, know your damn roll son), and this big band shit ("When I Look In Your Eyes") is sooooo painfull to listen to.

The only tracks I can listen to are the previously leaked tracks "Mighty O", "Hollywood Divorse" and "The Train" and even those are "like, okay I guess". I'll be very shocked if they can pull one hit off this turd, "The Train" is as close as it gets.

...and yeah, that outro track "A Bad Note" is the worst song I've heard all year (and it's 8:47 minutes long WHOA!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us /></a><br /><br />Don't believe me then have a listen yourself... <br /><br /><a href=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QM94KAGOhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=QM94KAGO

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    P.S. how much do you get paid to blog on XXL?

millions.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    totally rediculous. xxl is just posting leaked albums in whole on their blogger pages?

The contents of this blog do not reflect the opinions, practices or standards of XXLMAG.com, XXL Magazine or Harris Publications. They are the sole viewpoint and property of the respective columnist. They may not be quoted, reproduced, reprinted or reposted in part or in whole without the written permission of the writer.

P.S. how much do you get paid to blog on XXL?

millions.

And I heard you get oversized promo tees with some regularity.

• i like it. it's no secret that whenever 'kast drops a new record, it's immediately dubbed as their "worst album ever" by the comic book guy - sorry - internet massive. it's a good record. at least after the first couple of listens.

i like it. it's no secret that whenever 'kast drops a new record, it's immediately dubbed as their "worst album ever" by the comic book guy - sorry - internet massive. it's a good record. at least after the first couple of listens.

So what are you trying to say? That Idlewild is not their worst record? And if so, what is?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Petey Pablo tees.

Petey Pablo tees.

Petey Pablo nightgown = freakaleak