my weekend of real world moves (NRR)

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
didn't do ANY digging this weekend, and i spent the time on an 80 acre plot of land in rural Western PA. It was formerly a hydroponic pot farm that was seized by the Feds 2 years ago. There were 2 big greenhouses completely concealed by trees, with all sorts of secret rooms. The hydroponic tables and wiring/plumbing was all still intact. Some of the highlights included:FARM PUPPIES! chopping wood: building a fire: lighting the fire (s'mores related): plus swimming, Yuengling drinking, crazy drunken pickup truck rides around the property, shooting model rockets, meteor shower watching, horseshoes, and an absolutely ridiculous amount of eating. Here is a pic of the land, what you see in the picture to the trees in the distance is about 1/5th of it: And here's a hidden grow room in one of the barns: And another secret room in the barn: seriously one of the best weekends of my life.

Comments

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Dope, whereabouts are you located?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Dude, you bought a farm? That is so sweet!

My grandfather owned a bunch of farms, and visiting them was always a pleasure, although all the livestock was destined for the slaughter house, which he also owned. Good times at the family abattoir!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    no unfortunately it's not my place, i was visiting for an engagement party. I live in MI, this place was just across the state line from Youngstown.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    My main real world move this weekend was to introduce "Chicken Noodle Soup" to the NC Becky Rap contingent via my gig at the wedding of DigDug's girlfriend's sister.

DigDug and I are happy to report that it got an amazing response, as did MorseCode's Gnarls/Gladys "Grapevine" mashup, DizzyBull's "WackyTacky," and my favorite M.I.A. biter, Tigarah. No "Let It Rain and Clear It Out" Harlem Shake dances were witnessed, but these things take time.

Mooney, you really should have stuck around to see the CNSM* in full effect.

On the downside, after the gig was over I ran over my own ankle with a huge cart carrying 4 speakers, power amp, two turntables in roadcases, case of CDs, two Axis-9s, a box of 45s, and a box of LPs. I now can't walk without massive pain. I love DJing.

*Chicken Noodle Soup Movement

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    In the attic of a building that I own, we found the remnants of a 70s grow operation. A 70ft by 4ft wide trough lined with roofing felt to prevent water leakage. Whenever I take someone up there, I give them three guesses as to what the trough was used for. Correct guess wins you free lunch that day.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

On the downside, after the gig was over I ran over my own ankle with a huge cart carrying 4 speakers, power amp, two turntables in roadcases, case of CDs, two Axis-9s, a box of 45s, and a box of LPs. I now can't walk without massive pain. I love DJing.

Report to the Serato thread immediately!

beat me to it...

and damn that farm looks sweet.

puppies are cute.