Fives 5 V .....

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Bad meaning good, like BWAD BWOY1. Graduated with a BA in American Lit. Wore the silly hat, etc etc2. Reading books for my own enjoyment without the need to write a dissertation on them anymore3. Rehash "Intro to Jazz Sound" and "Extended Player" records. I'd been considering making a mix with a kind of downtempo/psyche theme (yeah, like such an original idea), and then I got these. I think I'll just play both of them all the way through - I love the tracks and the mini-mixtape format. Perfect chill time music, really lush textures, I'm loving both records a lot. If you Rehash guys read this, I'd recomend you listen to Nesta's "The Strongest Drug In The Universe" 7 inch... I think it's on your wavelength.4. Love Trio "Love In Dub" (on Nu Blu records?) is a strong early contender for my record of the year. U-Roy sings on three different mixes, and "Goth Dub" is mental, slightly 80s electro, dreamy, dub stuff that people at one of the numerous graduation allnighter house parties went nuts for, in a 5am MDMA slightly deranged hypnotised manner that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. But that could have been the MDMA.5. GAMM "Music" Panoptikan remix was the other record that got the party started (although again it could have been the drugs and alcohol). Kind of like Missy's "Pass the Dutch", but faster and a bit house-ier, but same tribal drums feel and a deep throbbing b-line that my girl says sounds like sex. Another record I'm glad to have found.Bad meaning really shit1-5 It's all about the middle east and the definite/apparent/possible/highly unlikely terror plot that the Brit authorities are cooking up, I mean investigating.

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    tops

1. Got the art bug back and spent all day yesterday making some artwork for a new project me and a couple of friends are doing.

2. Todays my lady and I's anniversary. We're gonna celebrate like crazy. Record shopping, Indian food, Independant movie house, sleep . Tommorrow is Dinner at Yamashiro's in Hollywood. I can't wait to try another of their premium sake's.

3. Weed connect finally came through with some craziness. I've been "listening" to my new arrivals all day so far

4. Going to Vegas to work at my dad's booth at the Magic show in a couple of weeks. Thats always interesting. One of my dads friends always hooks me up with J's, and my dad buys some incredible wine for his best clients that I get to try too.

5. Getting over being sick. Feeling strong now and not tired/dizzy all day.

NEVA A BOTTOM 5