9000!!!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Now who would have thought that it would have lasted this long? I don't know. I remember years ago when I first found this site (can't quite remember who I migrated here.) One of the first thingd I talked about was when the local groundskeeper of the baseball field would blast Gil Scott Heron on the PA flooding the entire neighborhood with tunes. Things definitely were different then. Post 911 pre microwave halcyon days, Soulstrut was like a secret society.Over the years I've met friends, lost friends, made money, spent money, helped people, been helped with everything from moving to legal advice. I've been unfaithful but I keep on coming back to this site. This is where I really get down I guess. You all have been very patient with me through my hot-headedness, my anger management or lack thereof...me getting all "interstellar" and shit and when I go on tangents. All that other crazy shit. My mind and all.Thanks a lot to Raj for having this site up. It's made things more interesting in my life. I can say that this much is true.Thanks to everyone else on here, friends, acquaintances, enemys (no I don't really have enemys.)You guys are dope.This as a community is dope. I got your back just like I know you got mine.So yeah, 9000. I guess this means I'm part of the big dog posse now. Arf arf.I didn't have a mix done for this because it just ended up creeping up on me. However consider this mix as like my thank you gift.Viva Soulstrut Hasta Siempre.THROWBACK OF THE MONTH:[/b]Now I know I've told you all about the weekly party that me and Rich Medina used to it. It was called The Remedy and it was Philly's longest running "real hip-hop" party, lasting well over 6 years, starting in 1997 and ending in 2003 when I moved to Brooklyn.Well I've started to unearth some of the old recordings from the parties. At the beginning of the year I found and posted a mix of me and Peanut Butter Wolf from the 5 Year Anniversary jam. Real headz know tha deal and all that.Here is yet ANOTHER Remedy Exclusive mix from the archives...Yeah you know it. Prince Paul in the mix alongside Cosmo Baker and Rich Medina. This was a crazy night, I think it was 1999. We had a packed house and really it went off real serious like.(Dude, check out my cornrows and my chain... what you can't see is that the medallion is a No Limit Tank. Hilarious. That was seriously like the best summer ever though.)Anyway, so here you are for your listening pleasure. It's a pretty dope mix of classic hip-hop and funk and breaks and whatnot, just hot shit in general. Plus it's recorded LIVE in the club so it has that extra element that makes it fresh. So feel free to download, post it, share, but please give the proper credits and, when possible, direct people back to this page as being where you found it. Aaaight peace. COP ALL THE HEAT LIVE AND DIRECT FROM THE WEBSITE, JACK![/b]DOWNLOAD HERE:[/b] PRINCE PAUL, COSMO BAKER & RICH MEDINA[/b] "LIVE @ THE REMEDY, PHILLY 1999"(PS: If the link fails or needs to be reposted please holler @ me (info @ cosmobaker.com) and I will take care of it ASAP.)

Comments

• Dogs, you been one of the big dogs.

• Congrats to one of the defining members of this community - dude duderstofferson himself.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yo dude dudestofferson, you are a dude.
    pm me your mailing address, you sent me some nice mix cds a couple years ago and i never got you back. peace. keep holding it down, son.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    congrats on 9Gs, money! keep it moving.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Congrats!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congrats, C-Mo-B!

I have a very real feeling that this is just the beginning of the beginning for you, and many of us here.

Milestones are made to set the course for greater ones.

This is just another stop along the way.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Happy 9000, make sure you hit us off with some for the big 10G.

• cos,

you're a dude among dudes.

but i can't handle this much positivity-- tell them the prince paul story....

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I wanna see more old school Cosmo pics!

dude is the definition of realness

• Arf arf.

Keep it moving AI. Real world maneuvers all day.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Thee Dude Of All Dudes

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Thee Dude Of All Dudes

See title for more info

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thee Dude Of All Dudes

See title for more info

Ahem...that's MY doing.

Yo Cos...

Right on,catchet??n.

Herm

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Dude Dudestofferson

• sergserg 682 Posts
    that shit is crazy, get the fuck off the internet already

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    gyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    cosmo you look so happy in that picture

• Congrats Cosmo (I'm just catching up....)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you cannot see this dude! east money!!