PRO TOOLS INSTALLATION HELP

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hey FAMALAM...So recently I updated my Computer operating system (I have a Mac Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5) running off of OS X 10.4.7 and I also had to recently re-install my Pro Tools applications because I had to do a clean install.Anyway, I'm getting a problem with the RE-INSTALLATION of my Pro Tools. Maybe someone has an idea. Unfortunately I am past the window of time where I can call them up and ask for help.- I installed the PRO TOOLS LE Version 6.9 from the provided install disc.- After it was installed, on launching I get the following ERROR MESSAGE:
Application Launch Failure[/b]The application "Pro Tools LE 6.9" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4Pro Tools PPC dbg> Pro Tools PPC dbg> DAE> FreeFic>"
- Troubleshooting on the website directed me to do a clean uninstall of the program, which was performed. The following message came up:
The uninstall was successful. However, some file/folders could not be deleted because they are shared by other applications, are currently in use, or contain files not installed by this install program.
- While I was uninstalling, the guy on the phone at Digidesign (who helped me although I'm not covered by phone tech support) said that the reason why I had that problem was because I needed the later version, 6.9.2 - which I promptly did.... and the same error message comes up.Really any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Are you absolutely sure your version of PT is compatible with your new OS? I had a major headache regarding that when I attempted to do an OS upgrade a while back, found that my version of PT wouldn't work with the upgrades OS, and ended up scrapping the upgrade and sticking with what I had. I vaguely recall getting error messages like the ones you describe, too.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Are you absolutely sure your version of PT is compatible with your new OS? I had a major headache regarding that when I attempted to do an OS upgrade a while back, found that my version of PT wouldn't work with the upgrades OS, and ended up scrapping the upgrade and sticking with what I had. I vaguely recall getting error messages like the ones you describe, too.
    same here before, if not post this on the DUC forum and someone will help you within the hour.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    same here before, if not post this on the DUC forum and someone will help you within the hour.

I posted on the forum, but I really trust my folks over here.