Einstein's Brain Documentary

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
i'm a little late to the party (it was made in 1994) but this is the funniest movie i have seen in so long. any co-signatories on this?http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/moviesebrain.htmlThis is a rare gem ready to be forgotten completely, and I see it as my duty to bring you the story of a man's quest for - in his eyes - the holiest of grails.A little history lesson: When Albert Einstein died in 1955, his brain was extracted and donated to the Princeton Medical Center. No reports were written on the subject, and the famous cerebrum fell into obscurity.Enter professor Kenji Sugimoto. Sugimoto has devoted thirty years to studying Einstein, and now he's ready to make a pilgrimage to the promised land: Princeton, New Jersey. How he ended up with a documentary crew I do not know, but they hire an interpreter for whenever the good professor's knowledge of the English language runs thin, and they're off.Before we move on, it's important that you know a few things about Sugimoto's appearance and behaviour. First of all, the word 'Einsteinbrains' pops up at least once per sentence whenever he opens his mouth, and he's not afraid to ask strangers about where it is like most people ask for directions to the nearest McDonald's. His default reactions to people's answers are 'ah, so' or 'hah-haw.' He mumbles or sings softly to himself in Japanese all the time. He's pretty much a Japanese Winnie-the-Pooh with less than mediocre social skills, only bigger and with crazy hair. Also, 'brain' instead of 'honey.'

Comments