Tortilla Factory

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I know the S/T sells for some major loot. What about the other records? ANy good? I picked up the one on Falcon "Tony Martinez Guerrero", has a decent jazz-funkish thing on it. What does it sell for usually. School me on some Tex-Mex business.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've had one that was called Made in Mexico or something like that. It was a take off of the Deep Purple LP made in Japan LP. It had one decent latin funk cut and ended up selling on Ebay for about $30. I've seen others from them but nothing as good or in demand as the S/T.

BTW if anyone is interesting in getting that S/T one hit me up

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    the one with Cokin & Tokin, sometimes mistaken for Cookin', goes for some loot.
    Tortilla Factory V or something like that. They have a few others that people are after too. Then there's the comp that has all the good GCP tracks.
    Worth it? That's another question. Although Sunny & the Sunliners - Missing Link is pretty good, 3 songs at least.
    There's a lot of Tex Mex, not just Tortilla related

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    one on Falcon "Tony Martinez Guerrero", has a decent jazz-funkish thing on it.

is this the one with "Cokin & Tokin" on it? I know that one is on Falcon as well. That's the only other one I know of that's hot. They also have an LP that covers "Feels So Good" and would ya beleive.. it sucks.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Cokin & Tokin is on Tortilla Factory V

• I tried to get into them and have a good quantity of thier stuff but I'm always left with the feeling that it really truly does suck.

I don't have the S/T though. so maybe thats "the good one"

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    s/t is a total ranchera fest with the exception of Cookin which is a solid funk jam.

• s/t is a total ranchera fest with the exception of Cookin which is a solid funk jam.

I was out for this before a friend said "are you really sure you need this?"
    He was right... some better latin-funk and latin-rock LPs out there.