August 22nd.

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
What gives?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Seriously though, you think anything is going to set off?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Post deleted by dCastillo

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    August 22 is the 234th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (235th in leap years), with 131 days remaining.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know what I'm talking about...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    There better not be some weird shit happening, since my birthday is the next day.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lots of talk in out there, dude. That's supposed to be a big day. Not in a good way.

There better not be some weird shit happening, since my birthday is the next day.

soulstrut is gonna be switching servers again and is gonna be down all day! isn't that a bummer?!

nah, just playin homie

that's the day the world ends.

i'll start getting worried when i see that terror-alert level creeping up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

soulstrut is gonna be switching servers again and is gonna be down all day! isn't that a bummer?!

nah, just playin homie

that's the day the world ends.

i'll start getting worried when i see that terror-alert level creeping up.

Yeah maybe like I'll start worrying a few days before if we go to orange or something.

Or am I just playing into "their" plans?

I dunno, hus. Shit is still bonkers thinking about it. Shit is really not fucking good at all on paper.

i didn't know what was up either, so i took cosmo up on this and checked it out.

these are the 3 results:

-Could Aug. 22 Be the End of the World Thanks to Iran? - FOX News - 11 hours ago
    -"NOW 22" edges out DMX on albums chart - Reuters - 11 hours ago
    -World to end on August 22 - Guardian Unlimited - 16 hours ago

the 2 sources and the "which item doesn't belong in this group" help to ease any concerns.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Are you talking about Iran vs UN Security Council? Or am I outta the loop?

• some blog said david bowie's wife will come out of hiding and kill jews

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i didn't know what was up either, so i took cosmo up on this and checked it out.

these are the 3 results:

-Could Aug. 22 Be the End of the World Thanks to Iran? - FOX News - 11 hours ago
    -"NOW 22" edges out DMX on albums chart - Reuters - 11 hours ago
    -World to end on August 22 - Guardian Unlimited - 16 hours ago

the 2 sources and the "which item doesn't belong in this group" help to ease any concerns.

Yeah... and see it's Fox and The Guardian. Really not the most valid news sources. But I read the facts and, blustering and fearmongering aside, something about it makes me not feel right.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    World's coming to an end? It be's that way sometimes.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Or maybe it's just that I am so worked up over all of this shit as it is already, I don't know. Maybe I'm just being hypersensitive.

I spent all day planning my wedding. I want to actually see it, you know.

But I read the facts and, blustering and fearmongering aside, something about it makes me not feel right.

nothing wrong in not feeling right about potential global catastrophe. you would hope this would be everyone's response.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I only surf the web through clicking links on soulstrut.

what gives?

Supposedly, the president of Iran is planning on "Giving his final answer to the world about their nuclear development" on August 22nd.

That date also marks the festival that celebrates the day Mohommed rose to heaven, like a pretty big deal.

Then I was reading more shit about the dude and he's a member of this sect which is like trying to bring this missing Imam back, and they believe that the way to get him back is through bringing chaos, and then dude comes back and everthing is all gravy.

Then I read some other shit, timeline wise, about the whole Hezbollah thing and it kind of made sense that them dudes would just start to set shit off on Iran's behalf as the front line soldiers in a war.

I dunno, cuz. There's more too...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I only surf the web through clicking links on soulstrut.

what gives?

Supposedly, the president of Iran is planning on "Giving his final answer to the world about their nuclear development" on August 22nd.

That date also marks the festival that celebrates the day Mohommed rose to heaven, like a pretty big deal.

Then I was reading more shit about the dude and he's a member of this sect which is like trying to bring this missing Imam back, and they believe that the way to get him back is through bringing chaos, and then dude comes back and everthing is all gravy.

Then I read some other shit, timeline wise, about the whole Hezbollah thing and it kind of made sense that them dudes would just start to set shit off on Iran's behalf as the front line soldiers in a war.

I dunno, cuz. There's more too...

I hope you're like me and worry unnecessarily about these things.

I'm gonna look more into to this to see what's up. Like I need another thing to bug on, right? Ugg...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo, I really don't want to believe this shit. I just want to chill, have my drink, make some music, see my kids grow up, watch my wife grow old, see Cosmo get married, maybe see the world a bit and that's it.
    So yo, Iran, Bush, whoever, if you're reading this, SEKKLE motherfucker.

At least for a century or so.

• There better not be some weird shit happening, since my birthday is the next day.

mine too(b1975)...like i needed an extra reason to get shitfaced that night.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    There's so much disinformation being thrown around about Iran right now. Remember the 2002 propaganda campaign that led up to the Iraq war? Anonymous defectors running their mouths in the New York Times? Underground nuclear facilities? Covert Iraqi support for terrorist organizations?

There's a handful of people in Washington who are still eager for war on Iran. Some of them were involved in the marketing of the Iraq war. It's unclear how much real political power they wield nowadays, but they still have the capacity to float all kinds of bullshit into the press.

Remember the "yellow badge" story from a few months ago? Supposedly Iran had passed a law requiring all Jews to wear a Nazi-style yellow badge. Although the story was discredited almost immediately, it was sensational enough to be widely reported. I'm betting most people didn't catch the correction on page A19 the next day.

Or Ahmadinejad's claim that Israel should be "wiped off the map". Is it a coincidence that his speech was reported in an inaccurate and highly inflammatory translation? More on both of those here

This morning we have stories that soldiers carrying Iranian documents have been found in Lebanon. Anonymously sourced, no verifiable details as to location or context. Would Iran really be dumb enough to send people into a guerilla war carrying their passports? It's absurd on the surface. But over time these stories create a powerful perception that Iran is mad, bad, and dangerous.

Ahmadinejad is pretty foul. There are real reasons to worry about Iran - not least because our fuckup in Iraq created a regional power vacuum which the mullahs are skillfully exploiting. But I'm guessing the August 22nd thing comes from the same idea factory as Saddam's mobile bioweapons laboratories.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    There's so much disinformation being thrown around about Iran right now. Remember the 2002 propaganda campaign that led up to the Iraq war? Anonymous defecters running their mouths in the New York Times? Underground nuclear facilities? Covert Iraqi support for terrorist organizations?

There's a handful of people in Washington who are still eager for war on Iran. Some of them were involved in the marketing of the Iraq war. It's unclear how much real political power they wield nowadays, but they still have the capacity to float all kinds of bullshit into the press.

Remember the "yellow badge" story from a few months ago? Supposedly Iran had passed a law requiring all Jews to wear a Nazi-style yellow badge. Although the story was discredited almost immediately, it was sensational enough to be widely reported, and I'm betting most people didn't catch the correction on page A19 the next day.

Or Ahmadinejad's claim that Israel should be "wiped off the map". Is it a coincidence that his speech was publicized in an inaccurate and highly inflammatory translation? More on both of those here

This morning we have stories that soldiers carrying Iranian documents have been found in Lebanon. Anonymously sourced, no verifiable details as to location or context. Would Iran really be dumb enough to send people into a guerilla war carrying their passports? It's absurd on the surface, but these stories create a powerful cumulative perception.

Ahmadinejad is pretty foul, and there are real reasons to worry about Iran. But I'm guessing the August 22nd thing comes from the same idea factory as Saddam's mobile bioweapons laboratories.

• Seriously though, you think anything is going to set off?

No.

• I just want to chill, I don't wanna ill, and keep my hands around a hundred dollar bill, maybe see Cosmo get married and that's it.
    So yo, Iran, Bush, whoever, if you're reading this, SEKKLE motherfucker.

At least for a century or so.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    Yeah maybe like I'll start worrying a few days before if we go to orange or something.

Shit went to Red this morning.
    First time ever apparently.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

look for some NK style missile testing to shake people

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Yo, I really don't want to believe this shit. I just want to chill, have my drink, make some music, see my kids grow up, watch my wife grow old, see Cosmo get married, maybe see the world a bit and that's it.

Sad thing is that 99.99% of people in Iran, Iraq, wherever feel exactly the same way.

Well, apart from the drink and the Cosmo bit.