Rep yo teaz

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I've been trying to give up alcohol and coffee so I've moved onto tea. I really know nothing at all about tea so I just hit up the local hippy store and picked up some "Republic of Tea" and shits aiight so far. I've picked up these:There's a "gourmet" tea place at the mall that I'll probably hit up later this week and I can always go to Chinatown and see what's up. Any recommendations? I'm down to try whatever.

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

so who's going to make the Dem Franchize Boyz joke?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've been trying to give up alcohol and coffee so I've moved onto tea. I really know nothing at all about tea so I just hit up the local hippy store and picked up some "Republic of Tea" and shits aiight so far. I've picked up these:

There's a "gourmet" tea place at the mall that I'll probably hit up later this week and I can always go to Chinatown and see what's up. Any recommendations? I'm down to try whatever.

get yourself to any and all asian markets in your area. They always got the tea selection on lock.

For me most green teas end up hurting my stomach so I tend to mess with the blacks and oolongs. Teas with Cherry blossoms are the fucking bomb, unfortunately for me most of them are green.

Don't sleep on buying a little bit of vanilla powder to bring out some sweetness

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Fresh peppermint tea is

Tea bags are generally

and stuff like this is so necessary for the real deal

Regarding black and green teas it??s all about trial and error. I recommend some high class Darjeeling tea and Japanese green teas without any additional flavor.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    I'm a huge tea drinker myself. I've never messed with coffee.

Do youself a favor and pick this up.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I like oolong
    here in chicago the place to go is ten ren in chinatown. Some of that shit is insanely expensive (and I assume, insanely quality) but I haven't gotten up the balls/funds/impulsiveness to spend 60$ on a cylinder of tea yet.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    top 5

1. mugicha
    2. bancha
    3. oolong
    4. jasmin
    5. tradewinds sweet (in a pinch, because i'm a fan of the manatee too.)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thanks guys
    i wanna get into the loose leaf but i dont want to brew a whole pot and i dont really have the tools to brew just a cup
    my co-worker let me try that yerba matte stuff and it was pretty good from what i can remember

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    thanks guys
    i wanna get into the loose leaf but i dont want to brew a whole pot and i dont really have the tools to brew just a cup
    my co-worker let me try that yerba matte stuff and it was pretty good from what i can remember

two words.

french press. its a good middle ground between a whole pot and a cup.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    What tea is closest to crack? Coffee ain't keeping me awake at work long enough and green tea has been mesing with my stomach. My friend gave me some crazy tea concoction when I picked him up to drive to Tahoe once and I was so wired I could barely drive. I need me something like that!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thanks guys

two words.

french press. its a good middle ground between a whole pot and a cup.
    good looking out. i need this in my life

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i keep reading this thread title as "rep yo tearz[/b]" and i expect to catch brian on some sensitive thug tupac shit.