Anyone know a program for inserting tracks on a CD

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
?I know this has been brought up in the past, and Ayres recommended Nero but I can't get the full program right now. Does anyone know of any programs that let you insert a track index in one long file?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    double post...sorry

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Sonic Foundry's CD Architect is perfect for this, you have the long wave file in front of you, you just put the cursor over the wave where you want the tracks to change and press "T" then burn...super easy and i have never had a problem with it.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i usually just use pro tools and grab sections out of the main file to create the individual tracks. what program are you recording with?

bias peak works well too.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This is a freeware program called CDWave:
    http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave/

You drop the full WAV within the program, then start inserting the index points, which will cut it at the points where you want to make tracks. I have used it many times where I've created a megamix, but I want to cut it up into segments when I test it in my car, and I'm able to FF it to the segment I want rather than press FF.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks everybody. I think I got it straightened out. CD Architect is incredibly easy btw.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Can you just download Architect on line? Linky plaese?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i like wavelab

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    I'm on a mac & Audacity does it for me, insert your markers, export and theresyousegoes.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I'm on a mac & Audacity does it for me, insert your markers, export and theresyousegoes.

How about a [Mac-based] app for easily turning an indexed CD back into a single AIFF? For ripping to a iPod-ready MP3. Because that pause between indexed tracks on a well-mixed set just sucks.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you can do that easily in itunes. Select all tracks on cd, then go to advanced/join cd tracks.