anyone here use Logic & Elektrik Piano??

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
i'm trying to use Elektrik Piano as a plug in through Logic 7 and am having trouble. the Native Instruments people are taking forever to get back to me, so i thought i'd check with strutters. thanks in advance for any possible help...

Comments

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    what's your problem exactly? Does the plug not show up at all? Can u use it outside of logic?

=========================
    www.myspace.com/beatsoups

• what's your problem exactly? Does the plug not show up at all? Can u use it outside of logic?

it works perfectly fine as a stand alone program, but the plug in doesn't show up at all in logic. there's supposedly supposed to be a "native instruments" folder in the "audio units" folder as a plug in, but i don't see anything. is Logic 7 supported in Elektrik Piano? how are you getting it to work?

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    what's your problem exactly? Does the plug not show up at all? Can u use it outside of logic?

it works perfectly fine as a stand alone program, but the plug in doesn't show up at all in logic. there's supposedly supposed to be a "native instruments" folder in the "audio units" folder as a plug in, but i don't see anything. is Logic 7 supported in Elektrik Piano? how are you getting it to work?

Do you have one of the newer duel core macs? If yes that is propabably the problem and NI doesn't support it. Otherwise I'm not to sure, it would be a good idea to try and reinstall the electric piano if you haven't already.

I'm running this plug on PC and it works fine in logic so I can't help too much

• what's your problem exactly? Does the plug not show up at all? Can u use it outside of logic?

Do you have one of the newer duel core macs? If yes that is propabably the problem and NI doesn't support it. Otherwise I'm not to sure, it would be a good idea to try and reinstall the electric piano if you haven't already.

i'm running it on a macbook, so maybe that's the problem. i tried reinstalling and all that, still doesn't come up.

i'm running it on a macbook, so maybe that's the problem. i tried reinstalling and all that, still doesn't come up.
    i'm running it on a macbook. i tried reinstalling, didn't help...

• I got Elektrik Piano via an install of NI Komplete, and it is working fine in Logic 7.1. on my G4 running OSX 10.4. I think I remember seeing something about the Audio Units for some of the NI products not validating in Logic 7, but I believe this can be fixed by an update of the software from NI. If you just got a brand new Intel Mac, that could be an issue.

• I got Elektrik Piano via an install of NI Komplete, and it is working fine in Logic 7.1. on my G4 running OSX 10.4. I think I remember seeing something about the Audio Units for some of the NI products not validating in Logic 7, but I believe this can be fixed by an update of the software from NI. If you just got a brand new Intel Mac, that could be an issue.
    so after you got the update, you click on "inserts" and there's a native instruments folder?

so after you got the update, you click on "inserts" and there's a native instruments folder?

Check it out:

I noticed you said you were running a Macbook. Is it brand new? Maybe an issue with the NI Audio Units not updated to run on the Intel Macs? Check out the screenshot, and feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Good luck!