Karen Beth = yes, sir. (thanks, R*b S*v**r)

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Good time for the softpsychfolk.Just got Kathy Smith's first LP and now, this Karen Beth beauty. Thanks again, R*b.Hot dog.

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Karen Beth is sooo nice.

• Thank the lord someone on soulstrut is into this. I just remember discovering this in quantity in houston in 1999. A community record store had sealed copies for $2. One of the ones down Fondren. It was the only white record in the place. I bought hip hop, r&b and all the Karen Beths. I went back to my La Qunita depressed, alone and sad without Ramona. I listened to that Karen Beth record on my portable and had a BT. Bad Trip that is. That shit is sad and fragile to the max. It is really hard to come by the right female folk stuff and that album had two or three tracks that nail it. Karen Beth is hardcore and knows how to freak it. Not freak it like Adina Howard but freak out that is.

• I'm a fan of that album too. Has anyone heard her Harvest album? No one ever mentions it so I assume it's not as good...

• She had a couple of other LP's where she lost her fragility. I was not into it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Not freak it like Adina Howard but freak out that is.

agreed
    everyone needs some karen beth sometimes
    and some adina howard sometimes

some of the time, yah

• Heck yes.
    Just got this a few months back.

"N O T H I N G L A S T S"
    is so beautiful and the title track is killer.

I recently digitazized them, so I could up if someone needs a preview.

• but i'll give it another try

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Not freak it like Adina Howard but freak out that is.

agreed
    everyone needs some karen beth sometimes
    and some ruthann friedman, mossy davidson, linda rich and muriel anderson sometimes too

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Heck yes.
    Just got this a few months back.

"N O T H I N G L A S T S"
    is so beautiful and the title track is killer.

I recently digitazized them, so I could up if someone needs a preview.

I needs a preview please.

• Was first hipped to this by one d. castillo.
    Been waffling on picking up a copy for reasons unknown. I am not a huge fragile folk head but it's nice to have variety.

BTW there are sealed copies on ebay for $12 a pop and a few less.