yanking back $ via paypal

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Can someone explain to me how that works? It's never happened to me and obviously, I've never tried it but I don't get it:In order to get your money back, don't you need to file a claim first? And does paypal investigate, presumably contact boht parties, before adjudicating? How is it that people have gotten burned out of nowhere by having payments sent to them retracted?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    paypal usually freezes your account while "investigating a claim." if you do not STRICTLY follow paypal's seller protection policies, you can and will get burnt by some scumbag. when i had some payment reversed, it happened without contact before the actual reversal. i didnt have any money in my account and for some reason they didnt jack my bank account but my account is still frozen after a few years.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    paypal usually freezes your account while "investigating a claim." if you do not STRICTLY follow paypal's seller protection policies, you can and will get burnt by some scumbag.

sad but true, the cost of doing business, especially with scumbag buyers both domestically and internationally

fuk the yankers, karma will get them

• Can someone explain to me how that works? It's never happened to me and obviously, I've never tried it but I don't get it:

In order to get your money back, don't you need to file a claim first? And does paypal investigate, presumably contact boht parties, before adjudicating? How is it that people have gotten burned out of nowhere by having payments sent to them retracted?

The investigation is limited to "send us the tracking number." Any countervailing evidence, no matter how convincing, is moot in the absence of that piece of information, to the best of my knowledge and experience. Of course this policy is completely fucked up seeing as how getting tracking for international is nearly impossible and certainly impractical. As for the freezing your account bit, I think they used to do that, but stopped after settling some class action lawsuits. Now they just freeze the funds associated with the dispute. And they can and will withdraw funds from your bank account if there are not sufficient funds within your paypal account to cover it. That's been my experience anyway.