Heist mode !

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Small twohouse fleamarket, no recs in sight at first, then I hit their basement...Have not checked the heist out yet, hope there's some dawgbiscuites in the stack...

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    mina [the one with the monkey] - side 1 track 2 [i think]. a song called caipirho. beautiful tune.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    mina [the one with the monkey] - side 1 track 2 [i think]. a song called caipirho. beautiful tune.

Checking this one (Mina) out,... pullin' the vinyl out the sleeve I noticed its on the the same label as Romano Mussolini's Mirage LP (PDU, almost bit my lip!!!),... the music (unfortunately) is nothing like the Mirage record,... italian female vocals with lots of moody strings...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    yeah, the rest of that album is crap.

yeah, the rest of that album is crap.

Nice gatefold cover though,... nice monkey !

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Mina has quite an over-the-top voice but she has a few decent tunes on some other albums, including an Italian version of that Wilson Simonal "N??o Vem Que N??o Tem" tune where she's laughing like a maniac.

Check the WINNING OST, side 1, track 4. Nice funky tune.

nice monkey !

BTW that's one of my top pickup lines. Maybe you have to live in NC though.

The GrandPrix (another racing car soundtrack) was sitting right next to this (The Winning),... I picked the Grand Prix record up twice in the past, never really liked it, so I just copped the The Winning, score by Dave Grusin, the track you mention is Gasoline Alley(funky)... His Candy soundtrack, (same period) also has moments...
    Also picked up another late 60's soundtrack that I've never seen before called The Last Of The Ski Bums music by The Sandals, nice titles looks interesting...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    then I hit their basement...

Another basement bites the dust