** RIP ARTHUR LEE - A TRACK I MADE FROM HIS MUSIC

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I know there is already an Arthur Lee post , but I want to make sure people see this and download the track, listen to it today in tribute of a legendary musician.This is a re-edit I made from 'Everybody's Gotta Live' from the Reel to Real album. I did it last year. I think it is quite relevant right about now.http://www.alisterjohnson.com/mp3/Catalist-Everybody.mp3RIP Arthur, your music will continue to live on.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Do you have anything worthwile to say other than inserting a pointless icon into you r post?

Please elaborate.

re-edits imply there was something about a tune that needed improvement. i just dont see how that's respecting arthur lee's work right now.

but i haven't listened to your track yet. so i should really shut the fuck up.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Well that definitely is not my implication here.... it happens to be one of my favorite songs by Arthur, and I always thought it would sound really cool with a beat behind it since it is such a great song. When I first heard that tune I got goosebumps and I still play the original on the regular.

I just thought some people on here might enjoy the mix.

nah. that's my bad dude. i'm just all riled up from the other board action today.

• Well it does seem a little scheisty because it's like you're trying to use his death to draw attention to yourself, when we should really be enjoying his music for its own sake right now.

...But I just listened to it and you did a good job, it sounds nice with the drums.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I did it last year[/b]. I think it is quite relevant right about now.

Damn, dude's just trying to pay tribute.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    nah. that's my bad dude. i'm just all riled up from the other board action today.

Glad to see you're self-correcting. Sandwich time.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Sounds good to me.