best enthusiastic music fan's descrption ever!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
dude came in today..."tight jeans!" big white high-tops, ass-length hair, oakley shades...anyway, he came in asking if we had the LP of a Memphis group from the mid-80s called "Lotus". Myself and the shop owner said we had never heard of the band nor the record. Dude goes on to tell us it was "the best Memphis record ever" and tell us a bunch of stuff about them about how they are really bad ass and things.I finally asked him, "what do they sound like?"He said "they sound like a REALLY pissed off Styx crossed with Kansas!"I said "wow"He said "I know! I gotta find this record!"then he left.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I just had some genius come into the shop and ask "is all the country music in the country section?" Naw, we keep half of it over in the rap section guy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I just had some genius come into the shop and ask "is all the country music in the country section?" Naw, we keep half of it over in the rap section guy.

At the local Tower you'll find many "country" acts in the Rock/Pop section.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

At the local Tower you'll find many "country" acts in the Rock/Pop section.

A couple weeks ago Ray Price was saying on NPR that the whole modern wave of 'country' is simply a rebranded 'rock' geared towards a different audience

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    A couple weeks ago Ray Price was saying on NPR that the whole modern wave of 'country' is simply a rebranded 'rock' geared towards a different audience

I was listening to Megadeth's Peace Sells...But Who's Buying album, since I found it at a thrift store and it was the original mix (not the remastered version). I was amazed at how much it sounded like the Allman Brothers Band. I've been on a Southern rock kick in the last few months, I saw that special on CMT about it, and throughout the entire album I was amazed at how bluesy it was.

Idlewild South[/b] indeed.

DIANA!