Anyone Catchin' HEE-HAW on CMT?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I've been catchin HEE-HAW on the Country Music Channel when I want to escape Ne-Yo and Friends. I used to watch this show as a kid. The 70's episode are good but the 80's one are suspect. I caught Willie Nelson as the special musical guest last night - mid 70's no beard steez. Good honest music. Dudes are clownin theyre own culture w/out the irony.

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I've been catchin HEE-HAW on the Country Music Channel when I want to escape Ne-Yo and Friends. I used to watch this show as a kid. The 70's episode are good but the 80's one are suspect. I caught Willie Nelson as the special musical guest last night - mid 70's no beard steez. Good honest music. Dudes are clownin theyre own culture w/out the irony.

buck owens is really awesome. he's gram parsons w/o the hard drugs...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    since i moved southside
    i've been rocking the RFD channel
    old Porter Wagoner shows
    (+ Wilburn Brothers)
    after seeing Webb Pierce & Coco the Clown perform "Lil Rosa"

i'm hooked

• shit is so classic. i remember back in 2nd grade we got to go on a tour of the TNN (back when it was actually the NASHVILLE network and not the national network or whatever it is now) and we saw the haystack. pretty fresh.

why is cable making it so hard for me to resist getting it?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

why is cable making it so hard for me to resist getting it?
    sayerin' though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dudes are clownin theyre own culture w/out the irony.
    I've made the mistake of getting stoned (therefore lazy) and keeping the channel on comedy central just before Blue Collar TV comes on.

No one should feel suicidal after a bong hit