Anyone ele watching "Always Sunny in Philly"?

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Or, am I the only one?Funny show. Becoming a regular part of my Thursday nights, it is. Seriously irreverant, and a new adventure for the Gang every week! Anyone with me down at Paddy's?

Comments

• Hmmm...I guess I'm the only one.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Or, am I the only one?

Funny show. Becoming a regular part of my Thursday nights, it is. Seriously irreverant, and a new adventure for the Gang every week!

Anyone with me down at Paddy's?

Dude, I'm with you... this show is the shit! Totally filling my Arrested Development void. Smart, funny, edgy, and everything comes together in the end in a hilarious way. My Tivo is full of all the episodes. An hour and a half to go!

• Or, am I the only one?

Funny show. Becoming a regular part of my Thursday nights, it is. Seriously irreverant, and a new adventure for the Gang every week!

Anyone with me down at Paddy's?

Dude, I'm with you... this show is the shit! Totally filling my Arrested Development void. Smart, funny, edgy, and everything comes together in the end in a hilarious way. My Tivo is full of all the episodes. An hour and a half to go!

Amen on the AD thing...this show made me forgive Fox for that debacle.

One difference between the shows that I LOVE, though, is that Always Sunny has no carryover plot from episode to episode. Dennis and D end one episode as crack addicts? Forgotten by the next episode! The Gang moves on (on a Tuesday morning at 10:45) to their next adventure!

Similarly to AD, though, it is topical to the extreme. And that is what won me over.

"Everyone stay calm. This was just an awkward meeting between friends at the Welfare Store." Genius.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I've seen a few episodes and it's enjoyable enough but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of Arrested Development.

• I've seen a few episodes and it's enjoyable enough but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of Arrested Development.

Woah. Sorry if my praise for this show sounded a little tooo good. AD was probably my favorite TV ever- even beating out the golden-era simpsons.

But, Always Sunny is a nice consolation prize after that was cancelled.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Woah. Sorry if my praise for this show sounded a little tooo good. AD was probably my favorite TV ever- even beating out the golden-era simpsons.

But, Always Sunny is a nice consolation prize after that was cancelled.

My thoughts exactly.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Thats my boy Charlies show!! Funny as fuck on the show and a great guy and music fan in real life. Last time I saw him he was telling me about how he just got Schoolhouse Funk and was really feeling the version of Cisco Kid on there. Got frames Thelonius, Coltrane, and Davis LP's on his walls... Definatly a part of Thursday nights when at home with the lady.

• Thats my boy Charlies show!! Funny as fuck on the show and a great guy and music fan in real life. Last time I saw him he was telling me about how he just got Schoolhouse Funk and was really feeling the version of Cisco Kid on there. Got frames Thelonius, Coltrane, and Davis LP's on his walls... Definatly a part of Thursday nights when at home with the lady.

Tell your boy he's my favorite dude on the show. his character is ridiculous.