How Many ROXANNE's Exist?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Back in the day my co-op/complex had a 25 year anniversary. The directors had a gang of entertainment for the kids and the adults. One of the stage shows was ROXANNE'S LITTLE SISTER. She was handing out wax at the end of her wack performance. To this day I wish i was able to cop. Just wondering how many Roxanne answer records have cats heard/seen? Always wanted to see a full list of spinoffs.Roxanne,Roxanne - UTFOThe Real Roxanne - S/TRoxanne Shante - S/T Add On....Mother/Brother right?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It's said there were over 100 comeback records for the whole roxanne deal. So I'm guessing there's a few. But the question should be, how many are relevant?

3?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's said there were over 100 comeback records for the whole roxanne deal. So I'm guessing there's a few. But the question should be, how many are relevant?

3?

Over 100?

• meshmesh 925 Posts

3?

Over 100?

yeah, someone posted a blog where dude had researched about that many. probably google-able.

pretty crazy.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    and I qoute " Well I am the father of Roxanne/ and rockin on the mic is what I command/ UTFO your mouth runs like water/ Why did you have ot make a record about my daughter/ She was walking down the street by her self/minding her busines did need no help" ......shit I have around 45 Roxanne answer records at one point i was trying to get them all...but was like fuck it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I want a double compilation!!!!!!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

3?

Over 100?

yeah, someone posted a blog where dude had researched about that many. probably google-able.

pretty crazy.

i really can't believe there are over 100. Unless it counts if it just mentions the name Roxanne or references the song in passing.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    UTFO is always saying that there where over 100 answer records, I dont know whats true. But that would be a dope Wax Poetics article

Not every track ever made, but some of it are on this compi.

The Complete Story Of Roxanne... The Album

Tracklisting:
    A1 UTFO Roxanne, Roxanne (4:43)
    Producer - Full Force
    A2 Roxanne Shant?? Roxanne's Revenge (4:50)
    Producer - Marley Marl
    A3 Dr. Freshh Roxanne's Doctor - The Real Man (5:45)
    Producer - Bernard Thomas , Lewis West
    A4 Doctor J.R. Kool Rap Your Own Roxanne (5:06)
    B1 Roxanne Shant?? Queen Of Rox (Shant?? Rox On) (5:12)
    Producer - Marley Marl
    B2 Sparky D Sparky's Turn (Roxanne You're Through) (4:00)
    Producer - Fantastic Aleems, The , Spyder-D
    B3 Ralph Rolle Roxanne's A Man (The Untold Story - Final Chapter) (4:34)
    Producer - Ralph Rolle , Rick Robinson
    B4 Real Roxanne, The The Real Roxanne (4:52)

CHECK PICTURES HERE TOO, THEY ARE NOT SHOWING UP WHEN I POST THEM HERE

Peace
    Hawkeye

Sparky's Turn (Roxanne, You're Through), by Sparky D, a feisty female who criticizes Roxanne (Shant??, in particular) for disprespecting UTFO, and being too young, both for them to pursue, and to be a rapper. Even though the record defended UTFO, they were reported to not be appreciative of this additional unauthorized response. It was after this that the saga really took off.
    Roxanne's Doctor-The Real Man by Dr. Freshh, who also insults Roxanne as having "no class"
    Do the Roxanne by Dr. Rocx & co. which creates a dance based on Roxanne. (Refers to Shant??'s "cracky wacky voice", as Sparky D had described it in her record). A rare instance of a record in the series not aimed at dissing someone.
    The Parents of Roxanne by Tony Gigolo & Lacy Lace; which answers both UTFO and Sparky D. It draws references from both "Roxanne's Revenge" and "the Real Roxanne", as if both represented the true "Roxanne".
    Yo My Little Sister (Roxanne's Brothers) by Crush Groove (no relation to Krush Groove), which answers UTFO, Sparky D and Dr. Freshh
    Rappin' Roxy: Roxanne's Sister by D.W. and the Party Crew featuring Roxy
    Another record answering Roxanne Shant??, by a young female calling herself "Little Ice", who tells her to "make up her mind" if she wants a man or not.
    Roxanne's a Man (The Untold Story - Final Chapter) by Ralph Rolle, which claims that Roxanne was actually a man who had been sodomized in prison, and then having "lost his manhood" turned himself into a woman after his release; and insults UTFO for not realizing this.

Rappin Roxy - Little Ice is who came to the anniversary party.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I had one by a group called The Potato Chips doing "Roxanne's Real Fat" and like all the other Roxanne answer records I've heard, it's pretty forgettable.

How often are these jokers seen in the field?

I have around 45 Roxanne answer records at one point i was trying to get them all...but was like fuck it.

Post your list.

• I had one by a group called The Potato Chips doing "Roxanne's Real Fat" and like all the other Roxanne answer records I've heard, it's pretty forgettable.

That's an early amos larkins production and will/would probably sell for a bit of cheddar to a european electro collector...

• I believe there were 142. I'll look for my list.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I had one by a group called The Potato Chips doing "Roxanne's Real Fat" and like all the other Roxanne answer records I've heard, it's pretty forgettable.

That's an early amos larkins production and will/would probably sell for a bit of cheddar to a european electro collector...

High-C, you gave that to me, it is forgettable, but if you want to sell to euro-electo-collectro, i will gladly pass it back!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I have around 45 Roxanne answer records at one point i was trying to get them all...but was like fuck it.

Post your list.

shit I had around 45 Roxanne answer records at one point i was trying to get them all ( i dont know whow to draw a line through a qoute but I should have said "had"
    , and it included any record referring to a Roxanne most of which were terrible joints)....

• I had one by a group called The Potato Chips doing "Roxanne's Real Fat" and like all the other Roxanne answer records I've heard, it's pretty forgettable.

High-C, you gave that to me, it is forgettable, but if you want to sell to euro-electo-collectro, i will gladly pass it back!

Maybe I'm wrong. This was a few years back when dudes would shell out $300 for one of the indie press double duce 12"s....