Digging With THE Friend Of Sound

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Spent a great day digging with Dave/DJCoolHands/Friends Of Sound....a total of 200 LP's were had....here are some of my highlights...

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Rock, I have to say that Quinteto Violado is a terd in disguise. I mean, not a terd, but neither the monster/psych/prog/brazilian raer that the cover leads you to believe it is

Moogman, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is North-Easter brazilian folk, right?

• Rock, I have to say that Quinteto Violado is a terd in disguise. I mean, not a terd, but neither the monster/psych/prog/brazilian raer that the cover leads you to believe it is

Moogman, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is North-Easter brazilian folk, right?

yes, that LP is quite a terd. They do have one decent LP, a one-tracker, cant remember the name though...

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I hope to be there in October.... That Four King Cousins has a nice cover of Walking By if I recall, I do recall the ladies looking okay by far but when you look at the LP close I think there was 1 and the rest ight.. ahahha How Shallow but it's better to be shallow than Swallow!!! LOL, good thing I make my self laugh!!!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I made pretty penny on a copy of that same King Cousins LP a few years ago.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Good to know you guys are keeping Texas warm for me while I'm out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock, I have to say that Quinteto Violado is a terd in disguise. I mean, not a terd, but neither the monster/psych/prog/brazilian raer that the cover leads you to believe it is

• Good to know you guys are keeping Texas warm for me while I'm out.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

yes, that LP is quite a terd. They do have one decent LP, a one-tracker, cant remember the name though...

I like that record. It is definitely misleading with that cover,
    but it's a nice album of mellow Brasilian folk, which I enjoy.

I would hardly call it a "terd."

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

I can't talk specifically about this record because I never listened to it, but all I listened from Quinteto Violado was some North-Easter brazilian folk and regional music.
    Next time I find this record I'll listen to it just to know what it has of psych and prog; but one thing I can say now about it: definitively, it's not raer.

Peace

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts

Nice finds guys...what's up with that Chris, Chris & Leo?

• disappointing after i got around to listening, more kingston tioy than you would like. the track listing is great though.