Prize chech: Joe Loco - Puerto Rico '68 lp

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
please to provide a ballpark figure... thanks in advance!

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I picked one up at Beat Street in Vancouver for about $15 about 5 years ago. I figured it would have been more. It's a fun and dancefloor friendly latin soul LP that I haven't seen before or since.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Great record and rare too, $60-$100, maybe more on ebay the way latin LPs have been going for recently.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    damn.. 60-100 is more than i thought... i think i saw it on someones online set sale list for around $25. however, that was around 4 months ago, maybe shit changes drastically in that amount of time.

• thanks doods!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i don't remember this being more than a $20 - $25 record tops.
    no offense to the set sale copy up for $100.
    and i honestly don't remember it being all that good either.
    but haven't heard it for a while.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    i honestly don't remember it being all that good either.

It's definitely more on the 60s kitschy end of the spectrum with peppy female backing vocals, so those looking for an "authentic latin experience" should probably look elsewhere. Couple of the tracks go over great on a (60s-70s) dancefloor though.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Well maybe I've been in NYC too long where prices go on the high end, but while a kitsch record, its till hard to find.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i honestly don't remember it being all that good either.

It's definitely more on the 60s kitschy end of the spectrum with peppy female backing vocals, so those looking for an "authentic latin experience" should probably look elsewhere. Couple of the tracks go over great on a (60s-70s) dancefloor though.

that was exactly my problem wtih it.
    too kitschy.
    not for me.
    like quite a bit crossover latin soul (but not all!)
    could definitely see it rocking the marco soundsystem and making the gogo dancers go wild.