STONES THROW OH NO LISTENING PARTY IN PDX AUG. 2ND

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited July 2006 in Announcements
This Wed. Aug. 2nd @ XV DJ Kez & Dun Diggy in conjunction with Stones Throw and 360 Vinyl present the OH NO Exodus into Unheard Rhythms Listening Party! As many of you know this is the album Oh No produced with Samples by Galt Macdermot. There has been a lot of press and antisipation about this project in the previous months. Check out StonesThrow.com for the history of the album and some badass pictures of Galt and Oh No together. Ive been waiting a long time to hear this album as I was a big fan of Oh No's Debut LP. I can tell you...I am very much enjoying this record. We will be playing the album early on and playing plenty of your favorite Stones Throw hits throughout the night. I will be your bartendress for the night, so lots of good mixing and spinning happening. ALWAYS FREE!

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Damn! I wish I was there...

Hi Alice

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hey There Bapt! How have you been? Have you heard it ? Do you like?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I'm cool you know... what about you? What are those "some side projects" you're talking about?

No, no, I haven't heard this album yet, it will be a surprise.
    (even if I've heard about it since a long time now)

I'M SURE IT IS A DOPE LP! NO DOUBT!

I'm like you, I really like Oh No's stuff even if sometimes I'm not really feelin his synthesizer beats but that's just me though...

His first album was one of the best thing I've heard the year it came out (and it still is today), I'm looking forward to hearing the new one.

This is a friendly reminder that this is TONIGHT!!! FREE FREE FREE.......

Hello again Bapt!
    I'll have to hear the Oh No in a few more times to get into specifics. But the project and all the hype is pretty impressive. Leave it those Jackson Boys to go back to the future and tap into some real history. I need to give the Aloe a good turn as well.

As far as side projects, I have gone back to painting in my free time and I started making Jewlery again too. Just trying to re-instate my Artistic measures and make some extra money. Ive been pretty busy with events at the club, but I was also laid up for about three weeks with some pretty bad knee problems.

That should have allowed me more time on the board, but I was pretty frustrated not being able to work at the bar or at home. I couldnt even stay when Rosshogg and Neta came to town to play. I worked the shift prior to them spinning and by the time they started my knee was as big as a softball and I literally couldnt walk on it. It was really disapointing and I felt awful that I couldnt properly host them. I didnt go back to work for two weeks after that night. Now Im broke and playing catch up.

But the good thing is that there are lots of up and coming events and cool happenings. We have a live remote from the club on Saturday the 26th that you can listen to online. I will post all that info when i finish the flyer ( stressting to get that done today ) Anyhow, I hope you are staying cool...as always.
    Good to be back... Peace

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Have fun with your paintings Alice and when you'll be ready to show it Imma be one of your spectator.
    Have you seen the paintings I uploaded on Waxidermy?

About that party... tell us how it was.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    LOL @ Alice... you're late

Now your PMS are full....getting it ready for you now.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    It's ok now, I had to trash some PMs