I'm killing it with the early auction endings!

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I never had much luck convincing sellers to end an auction early for me, but in the last couple of months I've asked 4 sellers to do it, and each time they have done it in a flash. Makes things so much easier when you're sweating something and really don't wanna gamble on winning it or not.So who else has the magic touch with getting sellers to pull auctions for them?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I got some KPMs for cheap, but felt kinda bad afterwards. I tried it once and it worked out fine.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Can you post an early auction ending request template for us? Thanks!

• olskoololskool 77 Posts
    A few months ago I saw an auction of two Majestics LPs (a tribute to otis + here comes the judge) that just had started. I immediately wrote an email asking him if he would quit the auction earlier if I paid him 15 bucks for each record. He agreed and told me that he also had the Instrumental R&B LP and would sell it for another 15 bucks. So I ended up with three majestics LP for 45 bucks (all in vg++ to near mint).

The most important things are that the seller doesn't know what the real value of the record is and that you are the first one asking him to quit the auction.

• I never had much luck convincing sellers to end an auction early for me, but in the last couple of months I've asked 4 sellers to do it, and each time they have done it in a flash. Makes things so much easier when you're sweating something and really don't wanna gamble on winning it or not.

So who else has the magic touch with getting sellers to pull auctions for them?

The euro45 SUPSONIC. I asked 20 euros for it (value is about 150 euros for those who don't know). The german seller guy was OK.

But here's the most incredible part:
    I told him to remove the auction (in order to avoid some other guys putting high bid on it).. he told me he has 2 copies, no need to avoid auction, so the auction will go to his end. . So I try to buy the two copies from him for 30 euros. The guy said no, telling me he prefers to let the auction end, so he asked me to send the 20 euros for one copy. I send him 20 euros. He received my money AFTER THE AUCTION ENDING, which was like 120 euros!!... I told to myself: "For the better he will send my money back and will put the second copy on ebay, for the worst he will keep my money and put the second copy on ebay anyway.......... BUT HE FINALLY SENT ME THE RECORD!! I never met a seller who was so honest!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I never had much luck convincing sellers to end an auction early for me, but in the last couple of months I've asked 4 sellers to do it, and each time they have done it in a flash. Makes things so much easier when you're sweating something and really don't wanna gamble on winning it or not.

So who else has the magic touch with getting sellers to pull auctions for them?

The euro45 SUPSONIC. I asked 20 euros for it (value is about 150 euros for those who don't know). The german seller guy was OK.

But here's the most incredible part:
    I told him to remove the auction (in order to avoid some other guys putting high bid on it).. he told me he has 2 copies, no need to avoid auction, so the auction will go to his end. . So I try to buy the two copies from him for 30 euros. The guy said no, telling me he prefers to let the auction end, so he asked me to send the 20 euros for one copy. I send him 20 euros. He received my money AFTER THE AUCTION ENDING, which was like 120 euros!!... I told to myself: "For the better he will send my money back and will put the second copy on ebay, for the worst he will keep my money and put the second copy on ebay anyway.......... BUT HE FINALLY SENT ME THE RECORD!! I never met a seller who was so honest!

Ive actually done the same thing for a customer before. Its just the way the cookie crumbles, though I dont really end stuff early anymore, unless someone offers an outrageous price.

Whats up Mr. Murt?!!! Hope the hot Paris sun is treating you well! Hopefully I can make it back to your city sometime in the near future with my wife and baby.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    nearly every time I list a northern soul 45 worth over a grand I always get requests to end the auction early, "I'm going on holiday & won't be near a computer" - accompanied by an insulting $$$ offer that is about 10% of what the record will go for.

what is hilarious is when a seller gets a 'pull the auction' offer on something & instead of ending it, they just change the listing to include the amount of the offer as a reserve...

---

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I got a sealed school of hard knocks lp for 5 bucks as a buy it now. I won't ask a seller to end an auction, but to relist it as a buy it now for an agreed upon price. Then I proceed to cop.

• Whats up Mr. Murt?!!! Hope the hot Paris sun is treating you well! Hopefully I can make it back to your city sometime in the near future with my wife and baby.

Hey mate! Things go pretty cool out there, burning sun, records diggin' and some holydays in Corsica, sweet summer vibes! I hope to see the Meaty familly very soon. Deffo let me know when you hit Paname city.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

Whats up Mr. Murt?!!! Hope the hot Paris sun is treating you well! Hopefully I can make it back to your city sometime in the near future with my wife and baby.

Hey mate! Things go pretty cool out there, burning sun, records diggin' and some holydays in Corsica, sweet summer vibes! I hope to see the Meaty familly very soon. Deffo let me know when you hit Paname city.

Hey Robert !? .... When will you be in Corsica ? I'll be there too...

• Whats up Mr. Murt?!!! Hope the hot Paris sun is treating you well! Hopefully I can make it back to your city sometime in the near future with my wife and baby.

Not completly sure yet.. but I could hit the spot near the 20h of august.. French soulstrut meeting?

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

Not completly sure yet.. but I could hit the spot near the 20h of august.. French soulstrut meeting?

I'll be on the boat from Marseille on the 21st (late afternoon)... French soulstrut night cruise?

• whenever anybody emails me asking to end the auction early...that tells me that people are really looking for this record so i should keep it up. so be warned when trying this!