eBay sellers BEWARE cyrillus110

funkytrampfunkytramp 3 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Dear eBay sellers:I would strongly recommend adding the bidder named cyrillus110 to your BLOCKED BIDDER list. He is in the process of filing a fraudulent PayPal charge back for an expensive reggae record I sold him (ITAL SOUNDS & SYSTEM rare STUDIO 1 DUB LP--you know that one goes for a bit of change!) This means that I am out almost $300 and the record--essentially, he's stealing the record from me! I shipped him the record, but all he has to do is claim I never sent it to him to get his money--my money--back from PayPal. I actually had to file a non-paying bidder alert to get this guy to pay in the first place!!! In 7 years of selling and with 100% positive eBay feedback, I've never had anyone rip me off like this. Don't let it happen to you!Again, his info is:Vincent Fouques13 rue lasson75012 paris France[email]fouks_vince@hotmail.com[/email]eBay id: cyrillus110best regards,lucke.dog

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    goddamn i hate hearing about shit like this, luckily it hasn't happened to me yet but it's probably just a matter of time. anyway thanks for putting the word out!

oh and everything I sell on ebay gets this sentence in it:

OVERSEAS BIDDERS MUST HAVE AN OVERALL FEEDBACK SCORE OF 50 OR MORE IN ORDER TO PAY BY PAYPAL.

sometimes I change the number to 75 or 100. You might want to think about doing something similar in the future, certainly not foolproof but it does help weed out some of the scumbags. Also I hope you call Paypal about this, even though they won't help you out, but hopefully they realize this continues to be an issue and their service is becoming a haven for thieves.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    damn, french bidders have been looking real bad.

especially as of recent, a majority of the people i know who sell records on ebay lately have been telling me how they are getting burnt by french buyers, the hell is going on here?

hate to stereotype a whole country of ebayers, but seems like most the complaints i have been listening to (record wise) as of late has been french buyers

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yep, same thing happened to me with this asshole Laurent Benchadi from Marseilles (If thats even his real name). Im out 80$. However, I have no money in my paypal for them to take it from me, so until I put more money in, he doesnt get shit.

I really dont want to go through the trouble, but I might just shut this paypal acct. down and make a new one, cuz this guy is a complete asshole. I say we make a list of all these dudes, and pay someone to go knocking on some doors.

Sorry to hear about this shit, makes my blood boil just reading it. Unfortunately, theres very little you can do.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yep, same thing happened to me with this asshole Laurent Benchadi from Marseilles (If thats even his real name). Im out 80$. However, I have no money in my paypal for them to take it from me, so until I put more money in, he doesnt get shit.
    i heard mufuckaz rob your bank account if there's no money in your paypal account?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i heard mufuckaz rob your bank account if there's no money in your paypal account?

yeah, i thought they did too, they did it to me before in fact. I think it might be cuz I have no money at all in the account, where as last time I think I had part of the balance in there, and they jacked me for the remainder.

can't you charge it back through your bank or something? How can they take money out of your account without your authorization?

• I'm working with PayPal to clear this up. Surely thay have to be aware of this going on on a large scale seeing as all my other friends that sell records have been jacked up just like this. Admitting large scale fraud has big implications for PayPal though...It's basically admitting their product is defective--I'm not optimistic. I do think, however, that most serious buyers are on the level: They want the record they bought from you and would most likely want to continue a good relationship so they can GET MORE WAX!

Silly fraudy guy... You know I'll have more Jamaican wax you want--but you ain't gettin it!

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Serious bummer. Hope you get this settled smoothly! Hasn't happened to me yet, yet I cringe at the thought.

Not sure the specifics on paypals terms/conditions, so we all might have screwed ourselves signing up. Boycott en masse? Open letter/petition? Now, the "charge backs" from your bank account, I would get your bank involved in whatever way you can to restore your balance. This is especially so if you have bona fide proof items were mailed and received. Cannot ignore clear proof without just cause.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    yo, i've been fucked out of $1000's by this point compliments of paypal's "buyer protection" policies. but just last week paypal awarded me $30 back from some dispute that happened in JANUARY. i signed off on that one long time ago. i'm not sure if the buyer recieved his record 6 months later or what. the paypal dispute read something like "after reviewing your case we have decided to award you the money...." so don't worry about it too much just yet.

cheers for the heads up though!

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts