This is not a TTLab diss thread...

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I've spent lots of money online at TTLab over the years, but it seems like they don't get as many funk/soul reissues as they used to. Used to be, The Lab would have things that I couldn't ever find at Amoeba and Aron's (RIP).Went down to Amoeba Berkeley today and saw tons of reissues in the bins that I didn't know had been reissued. It's tough for me to get out digging these days, so I've come to rely on online retailers to find out what is out there.I guess TTLab has shifted its focus to hip hop? Has anyone else noticed this? They're still the top online retailer in my opinion, but they don't seem to be the one-stop shop they used to be.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    those viceland dos and don't style record reviews just don't work for Natural Four reissues.

poopoo pants

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i heard you got bob_bannister fired.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

yeh, it's my raisen de extra to make sure TTL only hires juiliard trained record reviewers.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I thought I saw him at APT tonight, but then I realised it was Edan.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    OOF's all around.

I think what sells has shifted so they buy and sell accordingly. Look at when they first started (SKRRRRRATCH) to now. Times change and a business has to adapt. That's just the reality of things, unfortunately.

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    i still like groovedis in chicago for ordering stuff online, they seam to carry alot of 12inches/45s i dont see at a place like TTlab. i think turntable lab for a while also focused on all these classics(so called deadstock, reissues and straight up boots), kinda got on my nerves to roll thru the sight having to sift thru all that ish.