Intl recordstrut---ayudame!

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
wats good strut...My time in Peru is coming to an end and it has been fucking incredible..the medschoolstudents project worked out perfectly and i am looking forward to going back home and listening to some of my finds in my own appartement in the sun..sipping on a bloody mary and so forthhowever i have a little issueI have a fuckload of records to bring back I thought i could purchase a carry on rolley thing and have two stacks of records in that and one in my packpack..but i am only allowed on carryon and the weight would probably be an issuei am pretty desperate the NGO office have these styro mousse cubes i could cut up and pack in a duffle bag with the records but its not looking like a great look..i could not part with these records or pay high ass shippngwhat have you guys done in similar situations?leaving on wednesday and appreciate any advicepor favorps: i have found an unreal of proportions unseen by the likes of the strut...more to come

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    wats good strut...

ps: i have found an unreal of proportions unseen by the likes of the strut...
    more to come

TARKUS?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wats good strut...

more to come

TARKUS?

Mucho mas mysterioso que eso..van a ver..todos van a ver

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    wats good strut...

more to come

TARKUS?

Mucho mas mysterioso que eso..van a ver..todos van a ver

from what country? nothing is mysterious....kinda

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this find transcends the digital, record and real world moves universes...

you shall find out soon

now enough

and help me out with this recordhaul por favor...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    If you gotta pay to ship em, might as well pay the airport handling fee whatever the extra weight is going to be, and bring em on the plane with you.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    If you gotta pay to ship em, might as well pay the airport handling fee whatever the extra weight is going to be, and bring em on the plane with you.

i might have too..although the weight should be okay

iamjust worried about baggage handling...i would hate to pack up all the shit just to land with 100 broken records..i am trying to carry on the biggest amount

i think ill go with paxkinga secure bag and trying a carry on overhaul that can be easily transfered

or maybe some black market record cases...

anyone with a better idea drop a line

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i wouldnt wory too much about checking in a box.
    keep all the uber bangers on your person...25 or so records that seem irreplacable. just put them in your bookbag or something.
    depending on how many you got, you can fit about 100 in a UHaul box...put some newspaper/bubblewrap on the insides. put the wackest records on the ends. tape it up nice and write fragile all over it. you prolly have to pay extra due to the weight, but it ends up being like 40 cents a record. they should handle it allright and it would really take a sever beating for a box like that to get records broken up in it.
    talk to the airline and theyll give you weight limitations and fess for extra check ins.

good luck!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thank you very much for this advice